2013 - 2014 Canucks

Oct. 9, 2013, 3:45 p.m.

:lol: Maybe, but they seem to keep getting better. The season is young so who the hell knows, but they have me impressed so far.

Gotta say it - the penalty kill is a totally different thing this year. Way more aggressive. Hope it lasts.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Oct. 9, 2013, 4:45 p.m.

Well, unlike the previous seasons, we're not losing to the shitty teams. But let's see how we do against the good ones. I'm predicting we won't fare as well.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 10, 2013, 10:05 a.m.

Well, unlike the previous seasons, we're not losing to the shitty teams. But let's see how we do against the good ones. I'm predicting we won't fare as well.

Well the Sharks certainly have their number but the Canucks actually didn't as bad against LA, Anaheim and Phoenix last year as people think so I am eager to see those games and how we stack up. The Nucks were 6-7-2 against last years Pacific Div and considering the only difference as far as the Canucks are concerned this year is Dallas has been replaced by Edmonton and Calgary even playing at the same relatively weak level as last year those numbers should improve (sorry Alberta, them's the facts).

With what appears so far to be a healthier team and a more energized team with Torts I predict the Canucks will do better in the Pacific this year than people think, maybe even as high as second below the Sharts. You heard it here folks.

Oct. 10, 2013, 10:30 a.m.

With Detroit in the East now, isn't there really only 3 powerhouse teams in the west, Chihawks, Kings, Sharks? Blues are trying, Nucks are fading

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 10, 2013, 1:05 p.m.

With Detroit in the East now, isn't there really only 3 powerhouse teams in the west, Chihawks, Kings, Sharks? Blues are trying, Nucks are fading

The Kings are only a powerhouse in the post season (8th and 5th the last 2 seasons) and the same could be said about Detroit who narrowly made the playoffs last year. I think in the regular season you could possibly replace the Kings with the Blues for a powerhouse team in the west but IMO only the Hawks and Sharks match the description of "powerhouse" at the moment.

Oct. 10, 2013, 5:10 p.m.

So, technically not Canucks related but where did this Hertl guy come from?

The Czech League.

I'm no fan of fighting in hockey, but I think Torts could make a name for himself if he put Sestito on the ice to see if he could give the Shark's new sniper the nickname "Hertl the Turtle", cuz slow is the one thing Hertl isn't.

Oct. 10, 2013, 5:23 p.m.

The Kings are only a powerhouse in the post season (8th and 5th the last 2 seasons) and the same could be said about Detroit who narrowly made the playoffs last year. I think in the regular season you could possibly replace the Kings with the Blues for a powerhouse team in the west but IMO only the Hawks and Sharks match the description of "powerhouse" at the moment.

Detroit isn't exactly a young team anymore. But they've been consistently in the post season probably since I've been alive. Chihawks and Kings have the we've won it all factor, although last post season is the first time Kings faced playoff adversary. Blues are big, and have skill just need to put it together. Be nice to see the Preds get into the playoffs again. Until Edmonton gets D-men to move the puck they'll be stuck in the basement taking top 5 forwards only to have them leave town as RFA.

Oct. 10, 2013, 6:25 p.m.

Be nice to see the Preds get into the playoffs again.

Really? I find their puck-stifling style a total bore … and I don't think I'm alone

https://www.google.ca/#q=nashville+predators+boring

Oct. 10, 2013, 6:34 p.m.

where is the game on tv tonight?

I can only find it on sportsnet from 8:30-9:30???

Oct. 10, 2013, 7:02 p.m.

Check out the other Sportsnet channel. The Canucks one. It's 129 for me (Novus).. it's on right now (anthems).

Oct. 10, 2013, 7:02 p.m.

where is the game on tv tonight?

I can only find it on sportsnet from 8:30-9:30???

Nevermind. Ch 302 on shaw

Oct. 10, 2013, 8:12 p.m.

Really? I find their puck-stifling style a total bore … and I don't think I'm alone

https://www.google.ca/#q=nashville+predators+boring

I could have been drunk when I posted that

Oct. 10, 2013, 8:38 p.m.

http://atdee.net/67421/watch-san-jose-vs-vancouver

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Oct. 11, 2013, 9:13 a.m.

The Sharks are winning the cup. Plan the San Jose parade route. I am seriously starting to dislike these guys. They keep killing the Canucks.

I guess the silver lining is that they have already got 2 of the (4 I think) games out of the way. I know that each team plays other teams in their division 5 times except for one team is only played 4 times so it would be sweet if it was the Sharks. Anyone confirm this?

EDIT: I just searched the schedule and the Canucks only play the Sharks 4 times and all the games are packed into the beginning of the season. Nov 14th is the last time we see them in the regular season.

Oct. 11, 2013, 9:25 a.m.

EDIT: I just searched the schedule and the Canucks only play the Sharks 4 times and all the games are packed into the beginning of the season. Nov 14th is the last time we see them in the regular season.

I wouldn't say that's a good thing if we meet them again in the playoffs.