2013 - 2014 Canucks

March 12, 2014, 7:39 p.m.

Burrows 2/Jets 2, shootout W

2pts is 2pts

Nice to see him finally score

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

March 12, 2014, 7:42 p.m.

Haha burrows 2 jets 2 that's funny.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 12, 2014, 8:07 p.m.

Burrows is on a hot streak.

Burrows 2/Jets 2, shootout W

2pts is 2pts

Nice to see him finally score

Haha burrows 2 jets 2 that's funny.

Looking fer a trade?? Summer isn't that long…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

March 12, 2014, 10:44 p.m.

Holy f*ck. Probably the scariest things Ive seen in a hockey game. Your heart sinks instantly when you see fast players start moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IHKxZ0SX30

At the press conference today the doctor said the player has an existing heart condition and had an occurrence. He's being medicated and tested throughout the season, and was to get treatment at end of season. Didn't want to get treatment at start of season because he's at a new team and on a two year contract so he wanted to prove himself.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 12, 2014, 10:53 p.m.

Meh … grown men who play a game for a living. Take a chill pill and enjoy the athleticism and artistry of pro hockey for what it is.

March 13, 2014, 2:35 p.m.

Didn't want to get treatment at start of season because he's at a new team and on a two year contract so he wanted to prove himself.

Would rather almost die instead. Seems logical.

March 13, 2014, 2:47 p.m.

At the press conference today the doctor said the player has an existing heart condition and had an occurrence. He's being medicated and tested throughout the season, and was to get treatment at end of season. Didn't want to get treatment at start of season because he's at a new team and on a two year contract so he wanted to prove himself.

Would rather almost die instead. Seems logical.

He has known atrial fibrillation. He would need to take medication to control his heart rate and aspirin or other blood thinner to keep his blood from clotting when it pools in the atria during fib.

The other night he had an episode of a. fib in the presence of adrenaline from playing the game and his heart rate likely exceeded 200bpm and he blacked out from low blood pressure. He was cardioverted back to sinus rhythm and remains in hospital on higher doses of medication.

He will have an a. fib ablation, which he intended to put off until after the season because of the need for more blood thinners and recovery time post procedure in which he cannot do any physical activity. These ablations are done for symptom relief as patients feel short of breath and tired when in a. fib, but they rarely pass out as they don't have the energy to get their heart rate high enough like Peverly did.

A. fib is not life threatening in itself, unless the patient has a stroke from a clot being thrown off from the atria or they have a prolonged period of tachycardia resulting in an extended hypoperfusion to the rest of the body.

Whether or not he can return to play would be dependant on the success of the ablation, which is only typically 60% effective due to the nature of the arrhythmia, or upon the severity of his symptoms and the Doctor's ability to control them.

Source: I'm a cardiac RN at St. Paul's Cath Lab/Electrophysiology Lab and do these ablations every day.

I can also explain to you what happened to Kris Letang :coo:

March 13, 2014, 3:23 p.m.

^
Only an atb's sludgepot post can impress me more than that did.

Wrong. Always.

March 13, 2014, 7:46 p.m.

He has known atrial fibrillation. He would need to take medication to control his heart rate and aspirin or other blood thinner to keep his blood from clotting when it pools in the atria during fib.

The other night he had an episode of a. fib in the presence of adrenaline from playing the game and his heart rate likely exceeded 200bpm and he blacked out from low blood pressure. He was cardioverted back to sinus rhythm and remains in hospital on higher doses of medication.

He will have an a. fib ablation, which he intended to put off until after the season because of the need for more blood thinners and recovery time post procedure in which he cannot do any physical activity. These ablations are done for symptom relief as patients feel short of breath and tired when in a. fib, but they rarely pass out as they don't have the energy to get their heart rate high enough like Peverly did.

A. fib is not life threatening in itself, unless the patient has a stroke from a clot being thrown off from the atria or they have a prolonged period of tachycardia resulting in an extended hypoperfusion to the rest of the body.

Whether or not he can return to play would be dependant on the success of the ablation, which is only typically 60% effective due to the nature of the arrhythmia, or upon the severity of his symptoms and the Doctor's ability to control them.

Source: I'm a cardiac RN at St. Paul's Cath Lab/Electrophysiology Lab and do these ablations every day.

that's all fine and dandy, but what we really want someone to tell us is if the plane will take off.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 14, 2014, 12:38 p.m.

that's all fine and dandy, but what we really want someone to tell us is if the plane will take off.

I thought I already did.

March 14, 2014, 2:10 p.m.

Any guess on how long he'll be out?

Signed,
A Concerned Pens Fan

;)

March 14, 2014, 3:33 p.m.

Any guess on how long he'll be out?

Signed,
A Concerned Pens Fan

;)

Without knowing when he got his PFO plugged I can't guess, sorry!

He needs this placed in the hole between his atria but I don't know if he has had it or not yet?

March 14, 2014, 4:25 p.m.

Yikes…

March 16, 2014, 10:59 a.m.

It's a relatively benign procedure. That plug collapses down into that catheter in the pic, then it is opened on either side of the atrial septum to plug the hole. Over the next 6-8 weeks the nitinol and fabric frame endothelializes with tissue and it becomes part of the heart. Have to take blood thinners until that happens to prevent clots forming on plug.

March 16, 2014, 7:29 p.m.

Canucks failed to lose today … not for lack of trying. Blew a 3-1 lead, then went to shootout.

Plus ca change …

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.