WTB Road Bike

April 21, 2006, 9:53 p.m.

I'm looking to buy my first road bike, and would like to buy used. The only catch is, I'm 6'5. I need a 62cm or XL bike. I would like it to at least have 105 components or higher, If you know any really tall people, that want to sell their Road bike let me know.

Brian

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

April 21, 2006, 10:02 p.m.

I'd keep an eye on CraigsList. Maybe give the consignment shops (NS Sports Swap, etc.) a ring.

You should be able to swing a good deal on a big frame like that.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

April 22, 2006, 4:50 p.m.

Thanks dude. Done.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

April 22, 2006, 6:08 p.m.

Try the cycling BC classifieds.

http://www.cycling.bc.ca/index.php?id=155

:banana:

April 22, 2006, 11:43 p.m.

Quickly checked out NS Sports Swap today. Didn't see anything in your size.

However, they had a nice 50 cm Marinoni that fits me perfectly ($550) and a Scott tri frame. I'm sure they'll get more road bikes as the weather gets better and better.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

April 23, 2006, 1:55 a.m.

Try the cycling BC classifieds.

http://www.cycling.bc.ca/index.php?id=155

Yeah I'm all over that one too.. well I haven't posted a wanted ad yet, but soon.

Sunday looking at a Cramerotti 2001 full Ultegra, and someone just replied to my ad with a 2004 Norco CRR one Ultegra..

You might see me at the races soon. I have the licence, Cat 5 will be mine. If I can avoid the crashes, at the tuesday night specials. WOOOOT!8)

April 23, 2006, 5:37 p.m.

Check ebay too, the really small and really large frames always sell for less than common sizes such as 56cm. Bike shops also, if you phone around you may find a shop that has a 62-64cm frame from 2003 or 2004 gathering dust. Make them an offer on it…

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

April 23, 2006, 8:42 p.m.

wait til the TOur starts. it brings out the people who wanna road ride but then realize they dont like it or have time for it.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

April 24, 2006, 7:18 p.m.

Well the Cramerotti was too old. Just like I thought it would be.

Next.

April 25, 2006, 8:50 a.m.

Too old?

April 25, 2006, 4:29 p.m.

Yeah 1' Steerer, which makes changing stems for fitting, a pain. Notable wear on drive train, no Carbon front fork.

And I didn't like the way it looked. (personell thing)

Here is his pinkbike ad, plus price was a issue.
http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/179003/

April 25, 2006, 4:39 p.m.

^^^Good call. The front ring is fried, major shark's tooth on the big ring. Tends to throw doubt on his claim of "very low miles."

May 6, 2006, 2:50 p.m.

Well I got a bike.

2004 Norco CRR One XL

It's not stock. The guy I bought it from built it up with parts from a Trek. So all components are Bontrager, race lite wheels, race x lite tires. Full Ultegra. He said the frame had only a couple of rides on it, It looked brand new so…..

It looks small for me, but long seat posts, and lots of steertube to work with, it seems fine to me. I am sooo new to this, I can't really say if it's gonna be the best bike for me, at 6,5'! But it's really long in the top tube.

And now I have a road bike, I like it. This Tuesday will be my first race. My goal is to not get dropped, but I watched last week, and damn the pace was fast. I won't cry if it happens, I'll just plod along without them to the finish.
If your there come say Hi, Most likely I'll be the tallest guy there.

Brian :fruit:

May 6, 2006, 3:29 p.m.

Do you know what length of stem it came with? If it came with a 110 or 120mm, and you want to try dialing in your position to stretch out more, La Bicicletta has some good generic 31.8mm clamp / 130mm and 140mm length stems for sale. Check out the wall of parts…

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

May 6, 2006, 7:14 p.m.

The top tube length seems to be fine, for now! It has a 120mm, seat is neutral.
I'm dealing with some lowerback, hip flexour issue's right now with my Physiotherapist. Sooo fitting the bike will come after, I get back to normal. (this was a pre bike thing)