would you ride this?

Sept. 22, 2015, 9:47 p.m.

http://gizmodo.com/this-is-what-a-road-bike-might-look-like-if-there-were-1732235873?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook[HTML_REMOVED]utm_source=gizmodo_facebook[HTML_REMOVED]utm_medium=socialflow

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 22, 2015, 10:48 p.m.

Not anymore, but when I was a full-on roadie I would have been salivating over it. I think the UCI is ridiculous and their strict rules for bike design is stagnating new concepts and ideas. As much as I really dislike Specialized, I do think it's pretty cool that they do stuff like this.

Ride, don't slide.

Sept. 23, 2015, 1:25 a.m.

Not anymore, but when I was a full-on roadie I would have been salivating over it. I think the UCI is ridiculous and their strict rules for bike design is stagnating new concepts and ideas. As much as I really dislike Specialized, I do think it's pretty cool that they do stuff like this.

^ Really?

Companies can do whatever they want, you just can't race on anything you want. I think that's fair. Keeps smaller companies competitive at the WorldTour level, instead of it being just about the $$$. I'm sure you'd see way less bike companies at both the WorldTour level and the continental level if weight/design rules weren't in place.

There's no reason $pecialized can't build some shit expensive concept bike and sell it to people with the cash to roll around town on…

I for one, like seeing pros on a bike pretty similar to something most roadies ride, but absolutely crushing it.