Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France at the Omnimax

Feb. 22, 2006, 1:11 p.m.

anyone seen this?

ahem this is the quote from the Omnimax:

Learn about the amazing ability of the human brain to overcome adversity, to accomplish the near-impossible, and to power each of us to victory and success in life. Wired to Win works brain science into the stories of cyclists racing in the Tour de France - the perfect opportunity to explore subjects like pain, processing of sensory input, focus and attention. Over the course of the event, they

Feb. 22, 2006, 1:18 p.m.

no! is it playing at the omni now? I would love to see that.

Feb. 22, 2006, 2:02 p.m.

playing now - through March too so no panic - just was pretending to be busy at work and stumbled across it!

Feb. 22, 2006, 2:04 p.m.

not to mention as per the "who's your daddies" forum all those calves and thighs in large format….sigh

Feb. 22, 2006, 9:53 p.m.

this started out as an IMAX film about the Tour. The main rider they followed was Tyler and when he ran into his troubles they re-edited it into this. check out the movie "Overcoming" that is out right now on DVDReally good film about Team CSC.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

March 1, 2006, 10:54 p.m.

I was completely underwhelmed. I think that after Tyler's fall from grace they really had a hard time scraping a film together. It was also really short. Nice footage but I didn't learn a thing.

March 22, 2006, 12:02 p.m.

I saw it a while back [HTML_REMOVED] thought it was awesome. The scenery shots were sweet but the best thing was realizing that yes they can make a great bike doc without Lance. It had some cool science in it [HTML_REMOVED] it was good to see some of the other guys from the pro peleton aside fro mthe usual suspects

March 28, 2006, 4:19 a.m.

i enjoyed it, and found it to be worth the price of admission ($5 more than just a normal science world admission, if you're coming to see that…)

March 29, 2006, 12:39 p.m.

Here's the trailer:

http://www.wiredtowinthemovie.com/trailer_hi.html

"Making of" video:

http://www.wiredtowinthemovie.com/featurette_hi.html

Article today in CyclingNews:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/?id=2006/wired_to_win

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

March 29, 2006, 1:47 p.m.

cheesy trailer but am still going to get my butt in gear (groan) and go see it!

March 29, 2006, 3:53 p.m.

cheesy trailer but am still going to get my butt in gear (groan) and go see it!

Check out the "making of" video. There is one scene in there that will make you think of (head) cheese.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk