Vuelta 2006

Sept. 1, 2006, 4:36 p.m.

Alright, it's time to talk pro racing again.

Last GT of the season is well underway and after two mountain-top finishes the GC leader is…Slovenian Janez Brajkovic, all of 22 years of age (and 115 lb).:eek: Ryder Hejsdal is currently looking good in 13th place overall. Michael Barry is also putting in domestique duties for Discovery.

Anybody know of a channel that is carrying Vuelta coverage?

Also, I'd like to start a contest to come up with a decent nickname for Brajkovic, The Next Lance (Popovych vacated the position in July, Danielson bequeathed it earlier today). I've seen names like "stick insect" and "insect" used so far.

Obviously, the fisheye lens doesn't help, but this guy is freaking skinny. I bet Rasmussen feels fat when he sits next to Brajkovic.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Sept. 1, 2006, 4:42 p.m.

How about Belemic. "Brajovic" is the sound he makes when he gets rid of dinner.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Sept. 1, 2006, 5:04 p.m.

How about Belemic.

Not. There's no possible way he could support that much aerobic activity by doing the jockey up-chucking thing.

The guy is just freakishly skinny. And he could probably eat any of us under the table on any given day, without the aid of his index figure.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Sept. 1, 2006, 8:59 p.m.

ewwww

Sept. 2, 2006, 9:27 a.m.

That guy should go sleeveless, and get a tat.

Sept. 2, 2006, 3:11 p.m.

Sleeveless, definitly, so he can show off those guns of his!

The gun show!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Sept. 2, 2006, 4:46 p.m.

i think the tattoo gun needles would come out the other side of those twigs

ORIGINAL FREETARD
and now I'm CROSSTARDED

Sept. 2, 2006, 5:01 p.m.

twiggy.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Sept. 3, 2006, 12:03 a.m.

twiggy.

Damn, that was mine.

"Tin Man," cause da boy is see-riously 'thin mon.

Serious props are in order if Twiggy Brajkovic can survive tomorrow's stage with the leaders. Did I mention that this guy is a strong TT'er (was U22 World TT Champion)?:damn:

Sept. 13, 2006, 9:54 a.m.

So Vino put the boot to Valverde today. Astana sounds like they're really going well - maybe there was an upside to being forced out of the TdF? Vino and Kashechkin are really well-positioned for the last couple of days in the mountains…

My favourite Vino bit for the day?

I'm going to attack him [Valverde] again and again until he cracks.

"It's, like, so much fun."

Sept. 13, 2006, 10:10 a.m.

What an awesome stage today- steep climb with a looong descent to finish off. Nice touch Vino rolling in 2nd behind Danielson too!

Sept. 13, 2006, 10:45 a.m.

Sadly, Ryder DNF'ed today. Danielson needs to empty the chamber on tomorrow's last mountain stage, shoot for a Top 5 finish.

I'm actually surprised that the Fighting Kazakh didn't contest the sprint, since he usually races against conventional wisdom.