UCI allows disc brakes for cyclocross

June 20, 2010, 8:42 p.m.

I agree, keep the discs on the muddy 'cross tracks. You don't need crazy stopping power on the road unless you're riding like an idiot.

Ya! We can't even get Bukkake to put brakes on his bike, and you pussies want Hydraulic brakes on your Road Bikes…

yeesh! :fruit:

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

June 21, 2010, 8:50 a.m.

Looking to the UCI for common sense is like looking to a brothel for virginity

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 21, 2010, 9:04 a.m.

Yeah cus that would be easy to fix on the side of the road! Do we really need hydraulic brakes? I can't think of one time my road brakes weren't enough, never mind the amazing mechanical disc's out there.

Hydraulic is lighter than mechanical and when was the last time you had a hydraulic failure in your car, motorcycle or bike? Actually mine was two weeks ago when a banjo bolt undid. But then buddy went off the road in the Tour de Suisse when his front brake cable broke last week. And Ulrich went off the road on a corner when his carbon rims failed to provide good braking. And then disc road rims would only have to support the tire so can be significantly lighter and different.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 24, 2010, 10:48 p.m.

I'm definitely looking into fork options to put a BB7 or the like on my Brodie Romax B-Team. Wound Up has a disc fork… anything else out there you guys are aware of?

flickr

June 24, 2010, 11:07 p.m.

yeah 'fart , i'm looking forward to seeing some manufacturers do some dedicated R /D on road specific discs

June 25, 2010, 8:46 a.m.

yeah 'fart , i'm looking forward to seeing some manufacturers do some dedicated R /D on road specific discs

Magura is probably the closest. I say this as in the early 90's they had a hydraulic rim brake offering for road bikes.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/