Trek Sues to End Deal With LeMond

April 8, 2008, 6:25 p.m.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gjHtEDmd5bDtODUfPqNts76H02zAD8VTTK6G1

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 8, 2008, 8:32 p.m.

Good, one less shitty knock off bike brand.

Fewer "pros" names on bikes please. Unless you have given up your career and spent 20 years learning Shintoism and bike welding. Then i might care to buy a bike with your name on it.

But if it's made of CF or Alu, or you didn't weld it yourself, then you are just wasting my time.

April 8, 2008, 8:45 p.m.

Wanna have some fun? Check the rant over at DC;

http://drunkcyclist.com/wordpress/2008/04/08/trek-v-lemond/

Those guys slay me. They act like Lemonde is some sort of saint when in reality he is a whiny has been who should have disappeared long ago. Trek told him to keep his trap shut or he was out…guess he shouldn't have rocked the gravy boat.

April 8, 2008, 11:06 p.m.

It was criminally stupid for Lemond to be running his mouth about Lance. Don't bite the hand that feeds ya tool. Even if you think Lance was a doper.

vegetarian: an ancient word for "likes to stay home with the ladies…"

April 9, 2008, 8:28 a.m.

Good to see Trek doesn't believe in the witch hunt that is 'doping control'. Or is it just bad for business?

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

April 9, 2008, 8:43 a.m.

Good, one less shitty knock off bike brand.

Fewer "pros" names on bikes please. Unless you have given up your career and spent 20 years learning Shintoism and bike welding. Then i might care to buy a bike with your name on it.

But if it's made of CF or Alu, or you didn't weld it yourself, then you are just wasting my time.

Well put man.

Any winner of Tour De France is still a god in my books but don't build bikes please. Or your God status will be revoked ;).

all investing is is a type of arbitrage, and thats not gambling. theres an element of risk and potential of profit involved, but those are broad and dont qualify somthing as gambling.

most Christians I know, myself included, would say that science is the way through which we learn about everything that God has created, but we learn at the pace which he sets for us.

April 9, 2008, 8:44 a.m.

In the end it was a business decision. Trek is a business that sells products and makes money. If they are losing money they either fix the product or get rid of it.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 10, 2008, 9:52 a.m.

Good to see Trek doesn't believe in the witch hunt that is 'doping control'. Or is it just bad for business?

It's all Smoke [HTML_REMOVED] Mirrors though, isn't it Walley?

Look at results since Miguel Indurain won in 1995…the only guys not to test positive once are Lance and Alberto Contador. Now, that is skewed because LA won so many damn times, but if we looked at the top ten lists for all those years it would be very damning, all the names that tested positive.

My personal opinion is that these guys are playing on a somewhat even playing field, and that LA and (so far) Contador haven't been caught red handed.

Do I think it is wrong? I suppose my feeling is that cycling, as a sport, have probably the longest history of all sports of it's riders using performance enhancers…weather EPO or cocaine laced speed balls, this sport has always been on the forefront of the latest drug to help the riders go longer, faster, and recover better. My feeling is that to get to that level, inside the elite it is widely accepted that you need to do what everyone else is doing.

Again, my personal opinion.

So, from the business standpoint being Trek…you are in the market to sell bikes, and road bikes are your bread and butter. LA is the best known cyclist in the world, and revered in your target market as a hero. He hasn't conclusively been proven to have tested positive (and likely won't), so really, he's the safest bet. They are riding the LA publicity machine all the way, until the day he[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s proven a "cheater" (again, I don't think you can call it cheating if everyone has to do it). Then they can always dump him.

So, if I'm Trek, I'm cutting ties w/ LaMond too.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.