Tour de France coverage

July 4, 2006, 11:14 a.m.

I'm loving Eurosport's 'net coverage of the event too. Way more polished than CyclingNews, esp. the live updates…

Yeah? I'll have to check it out if I can manage to get up that early.

Sh*t, the Dekker link deserves a warning.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 4, 2006, 11:24 a.m.

Yeah? I'll have to check it out if I can manage to get up that early.

Sh*t, the Dekker link deserves a warning.

Check out the recap of today's stage to get an idea. I think you can pick up a live audio feed as well.

Sorry about the lack of warning on the Dekker link. I thought about adding one but was distracted, and then forgot all about it. I edited that post. VeloNews reports that Dekker's injuries included facial lacerations and fractured teeth. Ouch, what a terrible way to fall…

"It's, like, so much fun."

July 7, 2006, 6 a.m.

I love it when guys like Kessler steal a win from the sprinter teams. One guy beats the machine.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

July 7, 2006, 8:58 a.m.

Yeah, that was a super finish. Looks like McEwen and co. are rolling now though. Or, rather, chugging like a train over the line…

"It's, like, so much fun."

July 7, 2006, 8:59 a.m.

"Apparently, the duel over winning the jersey for the best mountain climber may be more intense than expected. The two who got it on yesterday were Walter B[HTML_REMOVED]#233;n[HTML_REMOVED]#233;teau of Bouygues Telecom, whose teammate J[HTML_REMOVED]#234;rome Pineau is leading the mountains classification and Saunier Duval's David de la Fuente, who is second in the rankings. The two mixed it up previously, being fined for "irregular behaviour" on Wednesday.

Writing on www.sports1.de, CSC's Jens Voigt described the scene this way: "The two were riding next to each other and all of a sudden, the Spaniard hits B[HTML_REMOVED]#233;n[HTML_REMOVED]#233;teau full in the face! It was really loud, just like in a boxing match! B[HTML_REMOVED]#233;n[HTML_REMOVED]#233;teau's helmet and glasses practically flew off his head! He swerved, because of course he hadn't been expecting anything like that."

"Behind them everyone was shouting, 'Hey, are you crazy? If you're going to fight, go to the side of the road! Leave us out of your problems!' B[HTML_REMOVED]#233;n[HTML_REMOVED]#233;teau didn't blink an eye but went directly to the commissaire. I think that they will throw de la Fuente out of the race." "

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"