Tour de France coverage

June 5, 2006, 11:44 a.m.

Does anybody know the scoop on this year's TdF coverage here in Canada? The OLN Canada site doesn't give any indication of this year's coverage, although they recently added a few news updates to their TdF section.

I've sent out e-mails to both OLN Canada and Canal Evasion, so we'll see what they have to say.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

June 5, 2006, 2:44 p.m.

http://www.olntv.com/cyclysm/

cant wait for the cycling to begin and i cant wait to use my new PVR to record the action.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 5, 2006, 3:04 p.m.

^^^That's for OLN US. (We never got the Cyclism coverage on OLN Canada, except for a few select Spring Classics.)

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

June 5, 2006, 3:11 p.m.

ah sorry. i thought OLN was strictly a candian channel.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 19, 2006, 8:46 p.m.

what day does the tour start-finish, I am going to be away for most of july, and would like to be able to catch a little bit of it

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

June 19, 2006, 9:28 p.m.

^^^Joo-lye 1 to 23!

June 23, 2006, 11:28 p.m.

Looks like we'll be getting the full TDF coverage this year. (Breathes sigh of relief.)

Preview show and summary of 2001-2005 starts June 30 on OLN Canada at 5:00 pm.

http://www.tsn.ca/oln/Schedule.asp?ShowDate=Jun%2030%202006[HTML_REMOVED]TZ=-3[HTML_REMOVED]Channel=OLN

June 24, 2006, 12:17 a.m.

Score

brokezors

June 24, 2006, 8:11 a.m.

Looks like we'll be getting the full TDF coverage this year. (Breathes sigh of relief.)

Preview show and summary of 2001-2005 starts June 30 on OLN Canada at 5:00 pm.

http://www.tsn.ca/oln/Schedule.asp?ShowDate=Jun%2030%202006[HTML_REMOVED]TZ=-3[HTML_REMOVED]Channel=OLN

Now if I could figure out how to record it for a week straight while I'm on vacation, i'd be set.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

June 25, 2006, 10:44 p.m.

just as long as it doens't cut into OLN's coverage of strongman, lumberjack and fishing. What a fucking shame that would be. I never thought that a channel could be completly spammed with the programming equivalent of a baseball player that keeps stepping away from the plate, spitting, waving the bat and adjusting his nuts.

10:00 AMInformercial
10:30 AMTREADCLIMBER INFOMERCIAL
11:00 AMBOWFLEX - Infomercial
11:30 AMBOWFLEX - Infomercial
12:00 PMTOP DOGS (SEASON 6): Jack Russell Coursing

ugh.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

June 26, 2006, 4:58 a.m.

This is for you, Diggs:

tourdefrancegids.nl/video/Ulrich.wmv

Thing is, I give him a very good chance. Put him up against Basso with as good a team as Il Terribile, and his chances would be better, though. T-Mobile is a good team, but I think CSC is better for a grand tour.

June 26, 2006, 10:08 p.m.

Jan is a cheat ….. and I don't think its going to be enough.

I still think Discovery might be in the hunt….. They are the masters of De Tour tactic's

edited for clarity

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

June 27, 2006, 1:56 a.m.

Tactics are huge but ya gotta have the rider, too, and I think they're in a transition year, meaning a top 5 would be good for them.

June 28, 2006, 11:41 a.m.

This is for you, Diggs:

tourdefrancegids.nl/video/Ulrich.wmv

Thing is, I give him a very good chance. Put him up against Basso with as good a team as Il Terribile, and his chances would be better, though. T-Mobile is a good team, but I think CSC is better for a grand tour.

Nice vid, .nl addy. Means it`s from the Netherlands, which have always had issues with us krauts. If I am not mistaken, Holland is below sea level, the Fatherland above. You know what they say about shit…

*if I donut get in shit for that one I`ll be bloody surprised :D

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

June 28, 2006, 1:23 p.m.

watch it mein buddy…i'm dutch

jan has a few fingers pointing at him lately but the tests aren't conclusive…sounds like tactics to get him off his game

basso and him should put on a good show

ORIGINAL FREETARD
and now I'm CROSSTARDED