Tour de France coverage

June 28, 2006, 7:51 p.m.

Looks like Vino will be looking for a new team, if he gets picked up by the right team in time, that would add some interest.

TEAM CRAFTY

June 28, 2006, 10:23 p.m.

cant wait till friday
05 recap +06 preveiw = stoke

brokezors

June 28, 2006, 11:04 p.m.

Looks like Vino will be looking for a new team, if he gets picked up by the right team in time, that would add some interest.

I don't think it's possible in that short of a time frame. Court of Arbitration for Sport will hand down its decision on Friday, and the Tour starts on Saturday.

Vino should have jumped ship the second that Liberty bailed out on the team.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

June 29, 2006, 8:32 a.m.

other than watching it on tv for the first stages my viewing schedule looks something like this :)

Stage 15 - Alpe du Huez
Stage 16 - Col Du Galibier (but I watch it here last year so might go to the Col de la Croix de Fer)
Stage 17 - Col des Aravis

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

June 30, 2006, 1:57 a.m.

Sorry Digs, but Ullrich (and Sevilla) have just been suspened by their team and are out of the Tour.

The Tour organizers are also set to boot Vino's team, and Basso may be booted along with nearly 20 other riders due to having been implicated in the Spanish doping affair. No Discovery riders are on the list.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jun06/jun30news2

The full list of implicated riders:

_ Astan[HTML_REMOVED]#225;-W[HTML_REMOVED]#252;rth: Michele Scarponi, Marcos Serrano, David Etxebarria, Joseba Beloki, Angel Vicioso, Isidro Nozal, Unai Osa, J[HTML_REMOVED]#246;rg Jaksche

CSC: Ivan Basso

Caisse d'Epargne-Illes Balears: Constantino Zaballa

Saunier Duval: Carlos Zarate

AG2R: Francisco Mancebo

T-Mobile: Jan Ullrich, Oscar Sevilla

Phonak: Jose Enrique Gutierrez, Jose Ignacio Gutierrez

Comunidad Valenciana: Vicente Ballester, David Bernabeu, David Blanco Rodriguez, Jose Adrian Bonillla, Juan Gomis Lopez, Eladio Jimenez, David Latasa, Javier Pascual, Ruben Plaza, J.Luis M. Jimenez

Unibet.Com: Carlos Garcia Quesada

Retired/suspended riders: Roberto Heras, Angel Casero, Santiago Perez, Tyler Hamilton _

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

June 30, 2006, 7:25 a.m.

Basso, Mancebo, and Beloki are officially out now too.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/jun06/jun30news3

"It's, like, so much fun."

June 30, 2006, 9:40 a.m.

They're saying that the excluded riders will not be replaced with substitute riders.

That makes Discovery and Phonak the two strongest teams running at full strength. Gerolsteiner will also be at full strength. Landis (or Levi) could win this thing yet.

July 3, 2006, 2:33 p.m.

Jan is a cheat ….. and I don't think its going to be enough.

I still think Discovery might be in the hunt….. They are the masters of De Tour tactic's

edited for clarity

Well, well look who's gonna be in the hunt.

Team Disco is back….

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

July 3, 2006, 3:51 p.m.

Team Disco is back….

In some ways, I think Team Disco is in the driver's seat. Team CSC and T-Mobile, without their respective leaders, will look to Disco to control the peloton. Plus Disco can send any of four GC guys (Hincapie, Popo, Savoldelli, Azevedo) in early breaks or attacks to force other teams to chase.

Also, I noticed that Canal Evasion is showing TDF coverage. I haven't compared the two feeds, but the Canal Evasion signal is much better as it's being carried on a digital channel.

July 3, 2006, 9 p.m.

Jan is dead to me.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

July 3, 2006, 10:22 p.m.

My picks:

Levi - overall
Cadel Evans, 2nd. Go mountain biker!
Landis, Hincapie will be up there.

This is going to be a very exciting tour.

July 3, 2006, 10:27 p.m.

I had Kessler in my pool. so close.

Is Canal Vision in English?

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

July 3, 2006, 11:46 p.m.

Is Canal Vision in English?

Unfortunately, no. It's all French, all the time.

July 4, 2006, 10:22 a.m.

Valverde pulled a Hamilton in Stage 3 today and is now out of the race with a broken collarbone. Reports say that he fell after touching wheels with a teammate.

Can you say, "all-American top 3"?

July 4, 2006, 10:44 a.m.

(Warning: Ugly crash pic!) The aftermath of Dekker's crash today looks terrible. Good thing helmets are mandatory these days. Tough luck for Valverde. But unlike Dekker, he'll be back for next year.

Good win for Kessler and T-Mobile today though. The photos of Kessler crossing the line with his arms raised are classic.

I'm loving Eurosport's 'net coverage of the event too. Way more polished than CyclingNews, esp. the live updates…

"It's, like, so much fun."