the tailwind

Aug. 13, 2006, 7:42 p.m.

that's about all the Sea to Sky has going for it right now. thought I'd ride up to Squamish the other day and the highway's probably when worse shape than the last time I road it pre-construction. The new section before Lion's Bay is nice but after that the shoulder is covered in gravel. Basically stay as far right as you can and go to your happy place.

Other than that I had a good ride. With the help of the tailwind I went from Cap mall to near Squamish Station mall in 1:57

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Aug. 13, 2006, 8:32 p.m.

how do ride with balls the size of cataloupes?? i dont like driving on the S2S let alone riding a bike on the S2S.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Aug. 21, 2006, 8:06 a.m.

Cycling the S2S is Russian roulette: good on ya for boldness, but I question the sanity of anyone riding that road.

Aug. 21, 2006, 9:03 a.m.

Big stones dude….. That road is not on my cycling radar at all.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Aug. 22, 2006, 12:34 p.m.

unexpected road work can really suck. I was riding marine dr to horshoe on sunday and had to ride about 1km of grooved pavement. Not only was it grooved but on the shoulder there were big chunks missing with dirt and gravel everywhere.

Maybe when the S2S work is done it will built with cycling in mind and have nice wide shoulders like the upper levels.

www.natooke.com

Aug. 22, 2006, 2:32 p.m.

I was riding marine dr to horshoe on sunday and had to ride about 1km of grooved pavement. Not only was it grooved but on the shoulder there were big chunks missing with dirt and gravel everywhere.

Take 31st south (right next to the overpass on Marine Drive) and do the windy backstreets through $4,000,000 homes to Bellvue. That's what I normally do and I did that on Sunday when I saw the grooved pavement. D.

Aug. 25, 2006, 9:41 a.m.

why is it i always seem to ride into a headwind?

ORIGINAL FREETARD
and now I'm CROSSTARDED

Aug. 25, 2006, 11:58 a.m.

why is it i always seem to ride into a headwind?

Not enough EPO, my friend. Take enough PEDs and a headwind starts to feel like a refreshing breeze.

Or as Greg Lemond once said, "It never gets easier, you just go faster."

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk