TDF: Survivor Day 2 (Mountains - results inc.)

July 14, 2006, 2:22 p.m.

Simoni? I wouldn't be surprised if he abandons before then. Yea, he's going to atack the sprinters up those climbs. :lol:

There has only been one quality stage so far. I'm not too impressed with all the flat stages. Enough already!

July 14, 2006, 3:30 p.m.

Simoni? I wouldn't be surprised if he abandons before then. Yea, he's going to atack the sprinters up those climbs. :lol:

We'll see who's laughing on Tuesday/Wednesday. Simoni won a summit finish stage in the TDF a few years ago, so it isn't beyond him. Besides, he probably has only one bullet left after riding the Giro, so he might make it a good one.

If he doesn't have the legs to win the stage, I have it on good authority that he'll ride up next to Landis at the base of the climb, rub shoulders minutely, and take a simulated dive/fall in front of the cameras. Lots of rolling on the ground and wincing from Simoni. A huge appeal to the race referees will ensue, in an attempt to get Landis disqualified.

Just be thankful its not soccer.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk