TDF 2015

July 20, 2015, 3:24 p.m.

Great stage today for the break away. Bummer that Sagan didn't get the win.

July 20, 2015, 3:50 p.m.

Sagan always goes to late. Yesterday he was accelerating at the finish. If he started his kick a few seconds earlier he would have finished better.

Amazing recovery by Thomas on his crash. Pretty scary hitting a telephone pole with your head.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 24, 2015, 11:35 a.m.

When is the Pro Peloton going to embrace the disc brakes?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 24, 2015, 12:32 p.m.

They have plenty of stopping power. What they lack is grip.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 24, 2015, 12:48 p.m.

The main concern is what happens when riders with disk brakes and rim brakes mix in a peloton. Differences between modulation, stopping distance, bike handling etc could create problems if a rider or group of riders go down. There are also concerns about disk rotor heat and larcerations in the event of a collision as bikes go flying (bike-on-bike collisions are rare outside of road racing and Vancouver commuting).

UCI to lift ban on disc brakes in August

July 24, 2015, 5:56 p.m.

lol at British press getting mad at Nibali for attacking Froome on a mechanical

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

July 24, 2015, 8:36 p.m.

Well he ain't gonna' be on the podium at least he got a stage to show for his efforts this year.

The question is how will Quintana claw back 2:38 tomorrow?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 24, 2015, 9:25 p.m.

It's possible for him to catch Valverde.

Froome and his team have been the strongest this Tour.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

July 24, 2015, 10:28 p.m.

I'm sure Froome could have won every mountain stage.

Sky doesn't want anymore PED related press coverage. He's either on something or he's a unique talent.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

July 24, 2015, 10:34 p.m.

There was a 'merican like that, eh? :fruit:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 24, 2015, 10:41 p.m.

Just want to look the part

Yay!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 24, 2015, 11:41 p.m.

There was a 'merican like that, eh? :fruit:

Yeah but he was a cancer survivor. You know, if you beat cancer, you can beat anything right?

People need to remember that the money Lance had behind him is pocket money to the might of the Murdoch empire.
They can run rings around the controls with the PED knowledge they may well have. The press conference the other day was a joke. The numbers were way off, yet who the hell is going to officially say they're talking BS. You want to end up in court with Murdoch's lawyers?

As said, he's using something (as are other Sky riders) that isn't on the banned list (yet) or he's a once in a lifetime talent.

I bet we'll never know.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

July 25, 2015, 9:21 a.m.

The main concern is what happens when riders with disk brakes and rim brakes mix in a peloton. Differences between modulation, stopping distance, bike handling etc could create problems if a rider or group of riders go down. There are also concerns about disk rotor heat and larcerations in the event of a collision as bikes go flying (bike-on-bike collisions are rare outside of road racing and Vancouver commuting).

Yeah that's a bunch of horseshit. How about loosing fingers in spokes? Chainring gouges? Carbon rims and rim brakes are just plain shitty. That is why you see riders having braking issues and overcooking corners. That and some shitty bike handlers. Too much working on the engine to the detriment of the handling. See Contador, Froome, Jens Voight. Those guys are a mess on the bike. Wiggins has style. Sagan can ride rings around most other pros in terms of handling his bike.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 25, 2015, 11:39 a.m.

Yeah that's a bunch of horseshit. How about loosing fingers in spokes? Chainring gouges? Carbon rims and rim brakes are just plain shitty. That is why you see riders having braking issues and overcooking corners. That and some shitty bike handlers. Too much working on the engine to the detriment of the handling. See Contador, Froome, Jens Voight. Those guys are a mess on the bike. Wiggins has style. Sagan can ride rings around most other pros in terms of handling his bike.

Couldn't agree more.

- Morgman

July 25, 2015, 10:41 p.m.

Nibali flatted and Froome didn't wait for him. How unsportsmanlike!

Apparently the fans spitting on Froome are French and believe he is doping. Pretty stupid stuff.

Nice to see Quintana have a great stage. Lots of competition to be had on future races.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells