TDF 2006 and Next Year

July 27, 2006, 5:57 p.m.

(atho the multiple attacks Popovych made on that one stage was so cool to watch)

You mean the stage he won? That was vicious. He just destroyed his breakaway companions. I should go back and count how many attacks he did. They were all full gas too, not testing attacks.

It's pretty cool to see guys like Popo and Savoldelli scrapping for flat stage wins, when you normally only see them battling for the GC. Savoldelli also wiped the floor with his breakaway companions on that one stage last year. Damn impressive.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 27, 2006, 6:39 p.m.

You mean the stage he won? That was vicious. He just destroyed his breakaway companions. I should go back and count how many attacks he did. They were all full gas too, not testing attacks.

It's pretty cool to see guys like Popo and Savoldelli scrapping for flat stage wins, when you normally only see them battling for the GC. Savoldelli also wiped the floor with his breakaway companions on that one stage last year. Damn impressive.

Crazy attacks, full on given'r. Stage 12, Five full on attacks, the TV only showed four. Impressive to say the least.

I wish I had some of his talents, It would have helped this Tuesday when I attacked off the front, only to be reeled back in, then ungracefully droped off the back when someone else attacked right after me. Dropage is cruel. Oh well, we blew the pack to hell…. all strung out… people falling off left and right! It was kinda cool, but I can only say that now, didn't think it was too cool at the time.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll