Symmetrics open ride (2/11) in Langley

Feb. 3, 2006, 3:29 p.m.

Saw this on CyclingNews today. Thought it may be of interest to some of you out there. Important parts are in bold.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/feb06/feb03news2

_Symmetrics meets the people

Canada's Symmetrics Cycling team will be having its first full team training camp in Langley, BC, Canada, running from February 8-12. Apart from the opportunity to meet each other and try out their equipment, the team will also be holding a ride open to the public and media on Saturday, February 11 at 12:00 noon.

The ride will start from the Walnut Grove Community Center, 8889 Walnut Grove Drive, Langley, BC V1M 2N7 and will be fully supported by a team car. On hand will be new riders Andrew Randell and Brandon Crichton, both from Ontario, three-time Olympian Eric Wohlberg, reigning Canadian U23 time trial and cyclo-cross champion Christian Meier, national champions Svein Tuft (two time) and Mandy Poitras (15 time). Both Svein and Mandy will be representing Canada at the upcoming Commonwealth Games in Australia.

There will also be food and refreshments indoors following the ride, and riders of all levels are welcome. _

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Feb. 7, 2006, 7:50 p.m.

cool. i seen their vehicle the other day and wondered what they were about. too bad my bikes are up in PG right now or i would go for a ride.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"