Svein Tuft

April 30, 2015, 10:40 a.m.

Broken wrist … won't be able to join OGE for the Giro.

http://www.greenedgecycling.com/news/two-in-a-row-for-albasini-in-romandie.phps

Bottom of the article;

In other news, after the elation of yesterday’s stage win courtesy Michael Albasini, ORICA-GreenEDGE received confirmation that Canadian champion Svein Tuft suffered injuries from a crash that will rule him out of the Giro d’Italia.

Tuft crashed at the back of the peloton yesterday having collected bottles for his teammates. He was able to remount and complete the stage but was later sent to hospital for assessment.

Scans have revealed a minor wrist fracture and injured sternum and at the recommendation of medical staff, the team will take a cautious approach to his recovery.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 30, 2015, 11:12 a.m.

Tough year so far for OGE with crashes.

Tuft already had to take some time off due to crash.

Who knows maybe he'll just beast mode and ride the Giro all broken up.

April 30, 2015, 11:33 a.m.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tuft showed up on the team and rode the Giro with a cast on his wrist. Because that's the type of guy he is.

April 30, 2015, 2:29 p.m.

He puts the 'tuf' in Tuft.

Are you Tuft enuft?

May 2, 2015, 8:46 p.m.

He sees the ground A LOT … sucky luck Svein … heal fast and get back crushing the peloton.

:canada: :england:

May 7, 2015, 9:44 a.m.

The wrist he likely would have HTFU'd but chest fracture will keep him out.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/injured-tuft-heartbroken-not-to-start-giro-ditalia

June 30, 2015, 7:54 a.m.

Looks like he's ready to go … He's officially on the OGE TdF team.

http://www.greenedgecycling.com/news/three-weeks-of-opportunities-for-orica-greenedge-at-le-tour-de-france.phps

June 30, 2015, 10:51 a.m.

Good to see.

With Tuft, Weendog, Durbo, and the Yates twins there should be some good Backstage Pass episodes. Maybe they could bring Chaves along just to hassle Weening for Backstage Pass clips.

June 30, 2015, 12:08 p.m.

Ryder is going to the TDf this year again. He wasn't a shoo-in after his grueling 5th place in the Giro, but Cannondale-Garmin decided to go with him in the end.

Another interesting note - not just 1 but 2 Canadian-based bike companies will be at the TDF this year. Cervelo of Toronto is the bike sponsor for MTN-Qhubeka the first team from (South) Africa ever invited to the TDF and Argon18 of Montreal Quebec for Bora-Argon18 (a German team).

Cervelo has a history as a sponsor of road racing in Africa. The signed some young Eritrean riders to their team a few years (Eritrea has a history of producing great distance runners, I guess they hope they can make the transition to cycling).

July 2, 2015, 9:10 a.m.

Ryder is going to the TDf this year again. He wasn't a shoo-in after his grueling 5th place in the Giro, but Cannondale-Garmin decided to go with him in the end.

Another interesting note - not just 1 but 2 Canadian-based bike companies will be at the TDF this year. Cervelo of Toronto is the bike sponsor for MTN-Qhubeka the first team from (South) Africa ever invited to the TDF and Argon18 of Montreal Quebec for Bora-Argon18 (a German team).

Cervelo has a history as a sponsor of road racing in Africa. The signed some young Eritrean riders to their team a few years (Eritrea has a history of producing great distance runners, I guess they hope they can make the transition to cycling).

After that Dutch group bought Cervelo, it seems like it is more and more of stretch to call them Canadian. Even when the go the length of fabrication in this continent, they do it in Cali. Perhaps if they drop BBright, I'd cut them some slack…

On TdF start lists, I count just 3 Americans. That has to be some kind of record. Am really hoping Farrar keep the rubber side down this time around.

NSMBA member.

July 2, 2015, 11:45 a.m.

After that Dutch group bought Cervelo, it seems like it is more and more of stretch to call them Canadian.

Their head office is still in Toronto, according to their website.

Oct. 1, 2015, 3:56 p.m.

Tuft and Meier have signed on with OGE for another two years as the token Canucks on the Aussie team.

http://www.greenedgecycling.com/news/meier-tuft-continue-canadian-flavour-at-orica-greenedge

Oct. 1, 2015, 6:50 p.m.

As a fellow New Brunswicker, I've been following Meier for several years. He and his wife opened a very cool looking café (he's really into coffee) in Girona this year. Not a bad retirement plan.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/05/la-fabrica-girona-where-everyone-knows-your-name/

Oct. 1, 2015, 10 p.m.

Girona, the mecca of road cycling! :drool:

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Oct. 2, 2015, 6:50 a.m.

Girona, the mecca of road cycling! :drool:

Ryder used to (I'm guessing he still does) have a place in Girona … when he's not living in Hawaii or Victoria.