Singular.

EBB = DO NOT WANT.

Mighty Riders
On The Rivet Cyclewear
Vallie Components
Novex Clean Delivery Solutions

Nov. 8, 2011, 5:37 a.m.

That was my thoughts as well.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Nov. 8, 2011, 10:12 a.m.

Paul Brodies Framebuilding 101 - $2500 (Abbotsford BC)

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/bik/2686128805.html

Perhaps this is the solution

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Nov. 8, 2011, 4:41 p.m.

vassago fisticuff comes close: steel and disc, plus track dropouts for running singlespeed/igh, cheap like borcht and it's brown:

yeah it's got (vestigial) canti brake mounts, but how else are you going to attach an old man mountain rack :devil:

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 8, 2011, 7:05 p.m.

vassago fisticuff comes close: steel and disc, plus track dropouts for running singlespeed/igh, cheap like borcht and it's brown:

yeah it's got (vestigial) canti brake mounts, but how else are you going to attach an old man mountain rack :devil:

ITS A 29er!!!!!! NO DICE!!!!

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

Nov. 8, 2011, 7:21 p.m.

Paul Brodies Framebuilding 101 - $2500 (Abbotsford BC)

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/bik/2686128805.html

Perhaps this is the solution

If I could make the whole frame with brazed lugs. I blow at tig and mig welding.

Nov. 8, 2011, 7:32 p.m.

As set up, looks hideous.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Nov. 8, 2011, 7:47 p.m.

ITS A 29er!!!!!! NO DICE!!!!

Build it up with 700c wheels, and you're set. As a frame set it's totally a blank slate. The 132.5 spacing lends to what ever wheels you want, only .2" longer of chainstays than the Stigmata that I race, so it's not a really long slack 29er, and it can fit 45c tires

If you want to wait a couple of years, for the industry to catch up to disks on cross bikes, you might still be saddled with a compromise. There is a couple dudes from Seattle, I see at the cx races on these as Singlespeed builds with 700c and 33 wide tires, just ripping it up.

Nov. 8, 2011, 8:02 p.m.

Build it up with 700c wheels, and you're set. As a frame set it's totally a blank slate.

That would mean I would be supporting the 29 trend. Sorry cant do it.

Nov. 8, 2011, 8:05 p.m.

I called a few shops that used to sell the Ruben and they said they dropped them do to problems with quality. So sad.

Nov. 8, 2011, 8:09 p.m.

That would mean I would be supporting the 29 trend. Sorry cant do it.

I gotta respect that. Would you go with a custom frame? or does it have to be off the shelf?

Nov. 8, 2011, 8:21 p.m.

What one is my size?

Nov. 8, 2011, 8:25 p.m.

I gotta respect that. Would you go with a custom frame? or does it have to be off the shelf?

I would love to buy custom but I cant justify it as my first cross bike.

Nov. 8, 2011, 10:41 p.m.

What one is my size?

I am 5'9" ish with a long torso and 28.5" inseam. The frame I have now is almost the same in sizing as the 52 there. I am still trying to finalize the stem length. running a 6 deg 90mm but could do 110.

Others on here will have different opinions, and a lot more experience fitting bikes than me.
It really makes a difference to have it properly fit esp if there is an LBS you can go to.
I just sized up from the equivalent of 48 on the chart, and man what a difference for the better.

Nov. 8, 2011, 10:52 p.m.

What one is my size?

I do fit for road, cross, and touring bikes—and if there's one thing I've concluded it's that I can't recommend a frame size until I see someone riding it in the stationary trainer or on the adjustable fit bike. Sorry!

flickr