Squamish XC - where to start?

April 12, 2009, 10:30 a.m.

I've ridden there a couple of times a few years ago, mostly near Alice Lake. Now that I'm more into XC than DH, I'd like to head back up there. I've got maps kicking around…now I'm wondering what are some good day trip loops to introduce myself to Squamish XC? Relatively easy to find would be a plus.

April 12, 2009, 10:48 a.m.

I would start at Alice Lake like you have done in the past. There are a lot of trails in that area. This time of year is good because the Alice Lake trails are open to bikes, in the summer they are not.

I also like to start at the rec centre. Climb up to Alice lake following the Test course. You can then head over to climb Ring Creek Rip from Mamquam road, down the plunge and through Crumpet Woods and end back up at your car.

I head up there quite a bit leading up to the Test, pm me if you want to try and hook up.

Graham

It's all about fun.

My Blog

April 13, 2009, 3:31 p.m.

we are heading up tomorrow.

What's good? I totally don't know where anything is except Cheshire Cat, Kitten, wonderland etc. I've ridden the Test course too.

Is the map available? Last year I tried to buy one, but everybody was out.

W00T 5 day weekend!

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 13, 2009, 3:37 p.m.

What's good? I totally don't know where anything is except Cheshire Cat, Kitten, wonderland etc. I've ridden the Test course too.

Is the map available? Last year I tried to buy one, but everybody was out.

W00T 5 day weekend!

MEC had Squamish maps the other day. It's 8 or 10 bucks. Also, if you go visit the presentation ctr. for this…http://www.eaglewindsquamish.com/, they have stacks of the same maps for free.

April 13, 2009, 5:57 p.m.

If I wasn't sick I'd throw out a "thanks for the phone call" ;)

April 13, 2009, 11:40 p.m.

If I wasn't sick I'd throw out a "thanks for the phone call" ;)

yeah, it's a date ride.

I could maybe go up next Sun?

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 14, 2009, 1:02 a.m.

Just pick one up at Tantalus Bike shop behind the Canadian Tire.$8.

yeah like I said they were out.

looks like there is a new one though.

April 14, 2009, 3:28 p.m.

Alice Lake is a frost hollow and still had lots of snow last weekend
Credit Line and Lower Jacks great though, have to walk last 100m of Tracks from Hell if accessing from Mashiter

Plunge and Crumpit are good

April 14, 2009, 8:51 p.m.

yeah we rode AMG, Plunge, Far and Fartherside, got a bit lost on Summer's eve. fun day.

April 15, 2009, 8:17 a.m.

Tonight's Loonie race will be a ride on one of Squamish's newer trails. Personally, I think it is a fantastic addition to the trail network as it begins as a flowy descent followed by some very flowy uphill ascents. It is XC dream ride!!!

If you have a chance head up to Squamish (don't forget to sign up for your SORCA membership) and join the race. The sponsor for tonights event is PEPE and GRINGO's which is one of squamish's better restarants.

Check out the SORCA website for more info.