SO I got a road bike. where do I ride it?

June 29, 2006, 11:16 p.m.

so anyone wanna go for a ride.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 20, 2006, 4:26 p.m.

If your on the North Shore, here are the places I like to ride. Lots of climbing in most of these.

British Properties - very little traffic, about 5 different main routes up of varying difficulty, you can loop up one road, then down a different one. If you are feeling frisky, try the 5 Star all in one day, 5 routes up, it'll kill ya.

Deep Cove - along Dollarton out, drop off some of the side streets near the Safeway/Liquor Store, come the back way into the Cove below Myrtle Park, then back out on Dollarton to the Second Narrows. Traffic isn't bad, the road is fairly wide most of the way.

Indian River Road - Nice, minimal traffic ride, if you go all the way to the end, it is a killer climb back up.

Marine Drive to Horshoe Bay - narrow road section, traffic is bad in peak hours. Ride early on Sunday mornings, or mid-week evenings (after 7pm). There are lots of hills to climb if you want to get off Marine Drive and head up towards Caufield.

Upper Lynn Valley/Upper Lonsdale/Upper Delbrook - this is my favorite, starting at 15th [HTML_REMOVED] Lonsdale, over to Lynn Valley, drop down Kirkstone Rd, cross Mountain Hwy, down 20th, turn left up Hoskins get back onto Lynn Valley Rd, up to Dempsey, back onto Hoskins/McNair, down Mountain Hwy to Dempsey, up and over the Dempsey/Braemar connector over to Lonsdale, up Prospect over to Montroyal, turn right onto Montroyal across to Ranger, up Ranger down Cliffridge back to Montroyal, left on Montroyal up to Highlands turn right, down Highlands left on Tudor, up to Skyline (cut off on side street of your choice to get there) Skyline/Glenview/Fairmont to Queens, up Queens to Jones turn right, go over the pedestrian overpass, back down Jones to 15th, turn left back up to Lonsdale. WOW, I suprised I remember all those streets.
Lots of great climbing, with good rest flats in between, takes me just around 1hr to 1hr 15min. Very little traffic except for the first part of Lynn Valley Rd

Seymour Demo Forest - A lot less convoluted for directions, out and back, no traffic at all, except fruit booters.

July 20, 2006, 7:53 p.m.

I thought you were doing Coastal Rides? Marco's ride on Monday AM is out near South Pointe on Monday.

Here's the schedule:
http://www.teamcoastalcycling.com/ride/midweek.html

Bikes:

2005 Trek Session 77
2004 Specialized P3
2003 Giant TCR ONCE Team Road Bike

For Sale:

2004 Marzocchi DJII - NEW! PRICE LOWERED!

Tech Geek that likes to Freeride. Visit my stuff at: www.futurelooks.com and for that laptop fetish, www.laptoplifestyle.net.