Ryder Defending Giro Starting Sat, May 4 Sportsnet One

May 10, 2013, 10:52 a.m.

If Wiggins doesn't take huge time on everyone in the TT tomorrow I can see him dropping out and saying he's saving himself for the Tour.

With rain, and the course tomorrow is it possible that some guys will just ride their road bike with some aero bars?

May 10, 2013, 11:07 a.m.

Those years mountain biking are working out great for Ryder eh?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 10, 2013, 1:48 p.m.

If Wiggins doesn't take huge time on everyone in the TT tomorrow I can see him dropping out and saying he's saving himself for the Tour.

With rain, and the course tomorrow is it possible that some guys will just ride their road bike with some aero bars?

This … but apparently Chris Froome is already "the man" for the Sky in the TDF. It wouldn't surprise me if Froome (who is 6 years younger) turns out to be better than Wiggins as a time trialer and Grand Tour rider.

May 14, 2013, 9:31 a.m.

Ouch. I guess that's it for Ryder. Maybe he can get a stage win, which would help with his confidence I'm sure. Now I'm going to cheer for Uran, I like that long haired Colombian, and he's riding better than Wiggo. Plus I've seen him here climbing Cypress a few times, and he always gives a nod.

f e r g s :canada:

May 14, 2013, 10:46 a.m.

Plus I've seen him here climbing Cypress a few times, and he always gives a nod.

Really? He should have Strava KOM'ed the shit out of it.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 14, 2013, 11:49 a.m.

Yeah, Ryder's burned out. Too bad … if he could win a stage that would be great, but its looking like some serious burnout there - more like he's riding sick or injured.

May 14, 2013, 1:04 p.m.

Something is wrong with Ryder. A quality rider like him does not loose that kind of time because his legs are tired. I am thinking he has a virus or something.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 14, 2013, 4:48 p.m.

Really? He should have Strava KOM'ed the shit out of it.

Apparently his gf lives (or lived) in Vancouver. First time I saw him, I had no idea who it was, aside from some greasy looking guy nerding out in full team Sky kit. Next time I saw him, I was with a buddy who enlightened me as to who he was. He should totally strava everything around here.

f e r g s :canada:

May 14, 2013, 5:08 p.m.

Something is wrong with Ryder. A quality rider like him does not loose that kind of time because his legs are tired. I am thinking he has a virus or something.

Maybe his HGH wore off

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

May 14, 2013, 5:16 p.m.

Maybe his HGH wore off

Really? As much as you seem to think it is funny it isn't.

www.steedcycles.com

May 14, 2013, 6:44 p.m.

Yeah real shame Ryder is struggling. Although I don't think he would have made the podium this year.

- Morgman

May 17, 2013, 7 a.m.

Ryder and Wiggins. DNS today. Wiggins is sick and not getting better. Ryder's problem is unknown but he has no power.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 17, 2013, 7:28 a.m.

Ryder and Wiggins. DNS today. Wiggins is sick and not getting better. Ryder's problem is unknown but he has no power.

wiggo = pissed that he's not the number 1 anymore….ryder must have some weird virus or something, cause he looked pretty good before the TT, maybe he's just cutting his losses too in advance of the Tour, oh well, racing isn't predictable!

May 17, 2013, 12:55 p.m.

Ryder and Wiggins have both withdrawn from the Giro. I wonder if Wiggo will now upset the Team Sky applecart by doing the TDF.

May 17, 2013, 7:31 p.m.

Froome and Bertie will tear the TDF to bits. Nobody else will get a look in. Well possibly Rodriguez but I doubt it.

- Morgman