rude roadies!!

July 21, 2006, 4:37 p.m.

The tube is useless with out a pump unless you have huge lung power and a nibble tounge to activate the valve:crazy:

Geez, Sherlock, that explains why I have a frame pump! Very insightful, thanks!

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 21, 2006, 5:26 p.m.

The tube is useless with out a pump unless you have huge lung power and a nibble tounge to activate the valve:crazy:

Uh dude. Something called PRESTA? :lol:

My tube is wrapped around my pump. Either that, or I use O2 cartridges.

Bikes:

2005 Trek Session 77
2004 Specialized P3
2003 Giant TCR ONCE Team Road Bike

For Sale:

2004 Marzocchi DJII - NEW! PRICE LOWERED!

Tech Geek that likes to Freeride. Visit my stuff at: www.futurelooks.com and for that laptop fetish, www.laptoplifestyle.net.

July 30, 2006, 11 a.m.

god where do you guys put all this stuff?

I can fit a compact multitool (has allen keys, chain breaker, wrenches, screwdrivers, (busted) tire lever - and other stuff), spare tube, tire levers, cellphone, credit card, cash, banana, and bag of nuts in the back pockets of my riding jersey. Get a jersey with 3 pockets in the back (big one in the middle, 2 small ones on each side). Pump (compact) is attatched to the frame. I don't carry a coat 'cause I'm normally only roadie in the summer and a fair-weather rider at that. D.

Aug. 5, 2006, 5:15 p.m.

god where do you guys put all this stuff?

purse?

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

Aug. 8, 2006, 12:45 p.m.

An ex-gf gave me a Bento Box. Pretty handy for throwing in a bit of food and some tools for a long ride.

http://www.tri-specialties.com/DisplayDetail.aspx?which=94

Seems to be a favourite inthe Tri-geek community. Don't see it so much with the 'real' roadies.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 8, 2006, 1:28 p.m.

Seems to be a favourite inthe Tri-geek community. Don't see it so much with the 'real' roadies.

Looks like it would hold a latte and a couple of sammiches.

I've got the Cage Rocket on order, should have it by Monday. I'm hoping it will keep the weight lower on the bike.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile_moreimages.cfm?category=[HTML_REMOVED]subcategory=[HTML_REMOVED]sku=13264[HTML_REMOVED]brand=5248

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Aug. 12, 2006, 11:59 p.m.

Follow-up report: Got my Cage Rocket and used it for the first time today.

I'm pretty impressed. Fits a 700x32c tube (for my cross bike), two Park levers, Crank Bros mini-tool, cel. phone and house keys, with a bit of room to spare. Fits very tightly in the bottle cage but I use plastic Cateye cages so it's not a problem. Zero ejections riding on some pretty bumpy fire roads/trails.

The only downside is that it takes up a cage, so I'm limited to one bottle. Otherwise, I have no regrets spending $10 on this item. And I no longer have to reach behind my seat "just in case" I forget to close my seat bag. The flip down top also makes it a lot easier to access my keys and phone at the end of the ride.

Aug. 13, 2006, 1:42 a.m.

Follow-up report: Got my Cage Rocket and used it for the first time today.

I'm pretty impressed. Fits a 700x32c tube (for my cross bike), two Park levers, Crank Bros mini-tool, cel. phone and house keys, with a bit of room to spare. Fits very tightly in the bottle cage but I use plastic Cateye cages so it's not a problem. Zero ejections riding on some pretty bumpy fire roads/trails.

The only downside is that it takes up a cage, so I'm limited to one bottle. Otherwise, I have no regrets spending $10 on this item. And I no longer have to reach behind my seat "just in case" I forget to close my seat bag. The flip down top also makes it a lot easier to access my keys and phone at the end of the ride.

thats a neat idea. where did you get that from?

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Aug. 13, 2006, 2:23 a.m.

thats a neat idea. where did you get that from?

Online from Nashbar. I don't know if anyone sells it locally, I certainly haven't seen it any of the North Shore bike shops.

The company that makes them has a Web site, but its down for some reason. I hope they haven't gone out of business, it's a good product.

http://www.cagerocket.com/

Sept. 11, 2006, 9:52 a.m.

2 friends of mine where out for a ride yesterday and saw 5 Coastal guys so they hopped on the back for a bit. 1 of the guys went off the front and one of my friends went with him. He didn't like some one drafting him and instead of him pulling off he hits his brakes and takes out my buddy who goes down. Coastal guy #1 does say anything but checks out his bike and when the other 4 come by they don't say anything or even stop and CG#1 hops on with em and leaves.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

Sept. 11, 2006, 10:50 a.m.

Ya, that's pretty rude. But so is hopping onto the back of someone's paceline. They have no idea if your buddy can ride a paceline or not. Having said all that, tho, hitting the brakes and taking someone out is a pretty harsh way of getting your point across when a short conversation would have worked just fine.

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

Sept. 11, 2006, 11:22 a.m.

I'm no group riding expert, but did your friends ask or were they verbally invited to join the group? What kind of communication was involved, and were they wheelsucking the entire time?

Sept. 11, 2006, 1:02 p.m.

Hitting the brakes is crap. What was he thinking…..

Jumping in on someone's pace line is a No, no, big time. Unless your friends with, or talk to and ask, or invited. Do not jump on someones wheel….. ever!! The person may not want you too, or be comfortable with you there. And why are you doing it in the first place. You don't drive like that, why would you ride like that. Hitt'n the brakes is lame, but then so is jumping in on someone else's group ride, and then trying to make a race out of it.

Two wrong don't make a right. Boy did your friend ever learn riding edicate the hard way.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Sept. 11, 2006, 1:53 p.m.

Hitting the brakes is crap. What was he thinking…..

Yeah, that's what frame pumps are for. At most, you lose a $20 pump instead of expensive parts.

(I'm not condoning this behaviour, just making a bad joke. Brian, I hope your friend was OK. Personally, I would never wheelsuck anybody unless I was invited to do so or it was tacitly agreed to.)

Sept. 11, 2006, 3:26 p.m.

I'm hoping it will keep the weight lower on the bike.

this is what i can never understand about roadies, it's like an extra pound or two is gonna kill your ride. what a joke. if it matters that much just make sure you take a big shit before you go on a ride. this whole weight thing has gotten waaay outta hand, what are you people cyclists or princesses?

noting aimed at you specifically kenji, just a rant in general.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer