road bikes are weird mmkay.

July 22, 2013, 11:34 a.m.

How many times have we been over this, haha…

Hahaha it feels like we're drunk and yelling at each other on my porch…

So let's bring up the "road train" effect then, and what a jacknifing, 3-point-turning, royal pain in the ass those things are to schlep around in campsites, on ferries, etc etc compared to keeping everything compact and on the bike itself.

Mighty Riders
On The Rivet Cyclewear
Vallie Components
Novex Clean Delivery Solutions

July 22, 2013, 11:34 a.m.

Just because you carry panniers doesn't mean you have to carry a lot of stuff.

I have nothing more to add that hasn't already been said. Goto Mighty Riders or your preferred LBS and go from there.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

July 25, 2013, 12:44 a.m.

so. I'm leagues out of my niche on this one, but I am looking for a road bike to pedal mad miles on. Multi day trips but I'm reluctant to get a pannier. I intend on biking multi day trips around the province with little more than one card if I can avoid it.

6'4".

Go.

Well, I don't dare post my reaction to the OP, except to say that those bastards at Mastercard will let you rack up way more than Visa before they cut you off.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 15, 2013, 7:12 p.m.

I've done a bunch of touring over the years with both set-ups.
From my experience overall, as long as the trailer isn't overloaded and you have an appropriate bike, you'll pretty much forget it's there.

On the other hand, my brother in law Mark who lives in Roberts Creek and is friends with Phillip (the B.O.B designer/they used to live next door to them in San Louis Obispo CA) prefers the feel of panniers on a classic touring bike.

Aug. 16, 2013, 8:47 a.m.

IMO BC is pretty sparsely populated for cc touring with just rear panniers

france or spain no problem

Aug. 18, 2013, 10:27 p.m.

Don't get some gucci road bike as it wont have any holes aside ones bottle cages and internal cable routing.

A guy I mtn bike with bought the least expensive Giant CX bike, and toured from Portland down to San Fran in June, he threw a Triple crankset from a mtn bike on there. Said he went with the least expensive one as it has mounts for racks and fenders

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.