Road bike tires

June 14, 2013, 1:13 a.m.

4000S - $35 from Ribble.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 25, 2013, 11:07 a.m.

Flatted yesterday, noticed when installing new tube I ripped a hole in the tire as well:mad: Looks like I need a new front tire. Probably a real crappy idea to ride with a tube poking out like some pink glove, I guess a tire boot would work though, or duct tape…

Current tires are Giant PSL-1 23cc on PSL-0 wheels.

What should I look at? Or just try to get a new PSL front today and look for something else for the future?

No racing, no Fondos, just pedal mashing good times

Ed
Looking at the Michelin Pro4s 23cc, any other tires to look at?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 25, 2013, 3:50 p.m.

Continental Gator Skins. Order from CRC.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 25, 2013, 4:23 p.m.

Pro 4's are nice. I am running Conti GP 4000s and they are a good durable, well protected tire. They also make a 4 season model which will be relevant in about a month!

ORIGINAL FREETARD
and now I'm CROSSTARDED

Aug. 25, 2013, 6:50 p.m.

Does that include removing a tire?

Some tires will come off without needing levers. Not many though.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Aug. 25, 2013, 7:59 p.m.

Some tires will come off without needing levers. Not many though.

Even more fun when it's cold enough that fingers start sticking to anything metal….rim, valve, hub, QR.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 25, 2013, 11:22 p.m.

Even more fun when it's cold enough that fingers start sticking to anything metal….rim, valve, hub, QR.

lolontario

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Aug. 26, 2013, 5:49 a.m.

I put some Gorilla tape on the inside of the tire then went for a 70km ride and everything worked out, so I've got some time to think over which tires to get

Aug. 26, 2013, 4:27 p.m.

I put some Gorilla tape on the inside of the tire then went for a 70km ride and everything worked out, so I've got some time to think over which tires to get

I have been using the Vredestein Forteza TriComps for about 10 years now, very happy with the performance/durability and the price is reasonable.

Sept. 9, 2013, 8:45 p.m.

Okay, got another flat this evening. Both flats have occurred within 5km total from my house:lol:

My Giant P-SL0 wheels and P-SL1 tires came with a valve stem adaptor to run tubeless since the rear rim is offset.

I'd like to go tubeless because this flat business is annoying, is there tubelss specific road tires? Do I do much the same as with mtn bikes, Stans juice, Gorilla tape, and a valve stem?

I could just avoid hitting stuff, but I didn't see this pebble-like rock or whatever size we want to call it.

Sept. 9, 2013, 11:07 p.m.

Speakin of flats for shits and giggles I threw a road tube in my MTB mostly as i was to lazy to go to the shop. BANG! Tire set really nicely on the rim though.

Sept. 9, 2013, 11:43 p.m.

Okay, got another flat this evening. Both flats have occurred within 5km total from my house:lol:

My Giant P-SL0 wheels and P-SL1 tires came with a valve stem adaptor to run tubeless since the rear rim is offset.

I'd like to go tubeless because this flat business is annoying, is there tubelss specific road tires? Do I do much the same as with mtn bikes, Stans juice, Gorilla tape, and a valve stem?

I could just avoid hitting stuff, but I didn't see this pebble-like rock or whatever size we want to call it.

What kind of flat?

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Sept. 9, 2013, 11:44 p.m.

2 weeks ago it was a pinch flat up front that ripped a hole in the tire sidewall, and this evening another pinch in the rear, no tear through that I could see.

Need to order a tire pressure gauge as well. Tires were at 120 psi, now no idea. Lenyze Dirt doesn't go that high

Sept. 9, 2013, 11:48 p.m.

1) Run 120 PSI.
2) Stick to smooth pavement.

Oops - forget 2. Forgot that you live in Powell River. ;)

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Sept. 11, 2013, 9:40 p.m.

1) Run 120 PSI.
2) Stick to smooth pavement.

Oops - forget 2. Forgot that you live in Powell River. ;)

Two things.

First, the pavement in Powell River is pretty good. 27km from town out south to Saltery Bay has been upgraded within the past 15years and has ample paved shoulder which is relatively debris free. North of town out to Lund is different altogether though. And it starts from Willingdon Beach out to the Townsite

And second, this flat happened in a cycling/pedestrian lane on Lower Rd in Roberts Creek. The Primary roads here are good, the secondary ones not so much =/