Ridley Frames

April 1, 2015, 9:34 a.m.

I’m in the market for a new road bike. I hadn’t considered MEC, but was in there yesterday and saw the Ridley Helium/Fenix. There isn’t a ton of information online about these bikes. Especially true for models that seem made just for MEC distribution. Does anyone have an experience/opinion on Ridley frames?

April 1, 2015, 9:52 a.m.

Ask Sam, Pilgrim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjN2cjBKWO4
BTW Ridley is a Belgian company based in Flanders, home of some of the roughest, toughest routes on the pro circuit and home of many Spring Classics. OK … but don't buy just based on hype alone.

April 1, 2015, 9:58 a.m.

Ask Sam, Pilgrim.

Not quite my use case but entertaining. Pilgrim is an animal.

April 1, 2015, 10:51 a.m.

I have a ridley that I bought four years ago and it has been good to me. Not going to be able to compare it to other road bikes as I have only ridden a few. I have a few friends in California who all ride Ridley's as well and are definitely fast on them. Of course they'd be fast on any bike they ride.

April 1, 2015, 6:08 p.m.

Ridley's are awesome bikes (especially their cyclocross bikes, go to any cross race and you will see tons of them). Their distribution rights in Canada just happen to be held by MEC. Quality is not an issue, they are world renowned.