Rapha

May 12, 2014, 5:28 p.m.

Anyone have any Rapha pieces? Im looking to possibly add some items

Hows the fit?
Quality piece of kit or over-priced hype?
Shipping to Canada?
Ease of returns?

Or can I find this stuff locally-ish?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 12, 2014, 5:56 p.m.

La Bicicletta has some Rapha stuff. Can't comment on the quality vs the high price.

May 12, 2014, 7:39 p.m.

best online stuff for rapha found here, no question: http://internationale.teamjva.com

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 12, 2014, 9:52 p.m.

best online stuff for rapha found here, no question: http://internationale.teamjva.com

I don't get it

May 12, 2014, 10:08 p.m.

I don't get it

One of the best lampoons of a cycling brand ever.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

May 12, 2014, 10:15 p.m.

I don't get it

then you should definitely add some items

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 12, 2014, 10:22 p.m.

Anyone have any Rapha pieces? Im looking to possibly add some items

Hows the fit?
Quality piece of kit or over-priced hype?
Shipping to Canada?
Ease of returns?

Or can I find this stuff locally-ish?

I ordered the Rapha bib shorts online from the Rapha website. I was fortunate that the size I ordered fit, and could skip the return process. I seem to recall that it came with a prepackaged return form.

Shipping to Canada wasn't an issue.

Quality piece of kit ?

Some of the best shorts I've ever had. The chamois is super comfortable, and doesn't cut my ass when it get's wet like my last pair of Sugoi's would. The leg's fit tight, never ride up, It's almost easier to strip down to take a piss then try and lift the leg up. Which can be a wee bit awkward if you decide to wear them under your baggies.

May 12, 2014, 10:30 p.m.

Try out Sugoi (locally found at BSP) or Castelli (MEC), those brands are better value in my opinion. Rapha is good stuff but a price range of 175-350$ for a jersey just isn't worth it.

May 13, 2014, 5:28 a.m.

I ordered the Rapha bib shorts online from the Rapha website. I was fortunate that the size I ordered fit, and could skip the return process. I seem to recall that it came with a prepackaged return form.

Shipping to Canada wasn't an issue.

Quality piece of kit ?

Some of the best shorts I've ever had. The chamois is super comfortable, and doesn't cut my ass when it get's wet like my last pair of Sugoi's would. The leg's fit tight, never ride up, It's almost easier to strip down to take a piss then try and lift the leg up. Which can be a wee bit awkward if you decide to wear them under your baggies.

Thanks for the response.
Its a tough cost to justify, but the styling is some of the best I've seen to date. Not impressed with the looks of the Pearl line this season, and Im unsure how to source Mavic now.

then you should definitely add some items

Maybe take your lil quips to nbr. Or better yet, save them for that next article.

Try out Sugoi (locally found at BSP) or Castelli (MEC), those brands are better value in my opinion. Rapha is good stuff but a price range of 175-350$ for a jersey just isn't worth it.

Its not about the value. Its the sweet, sweet styling. Looking at the new Sugoi line, it appears they took all the Sombrio styling to the lyrca side :lol: Best piece is likely the Lumberjack or King of the Road jersey.

I have a pair of RSX bibs for under the baggies, but my Pearl PRO 4 bibs blow the Sugoi stuff outta the water imo

May 13, 2014, 9:20 a.m.

Although I'd like to be able to afford to try some of the Rapha kit, my budget falls squarely in the Road Holland range. If you're looking for a nice fitting wool alternative to Rapha, Road Holland is a good choice.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

May 13, 2014, 9:38 a.m.

I have some of their jerseys that have survived 5 seasons of road and XC use. I own a number of Rapha items and have been quite impressed with the durability. However, especially with tops, fit is the most important. It's impossible to fit everyone with 5-6 stock sizes, so I would tend to choose the brand that fits your body the best. I'm 5'8" and a Rapha Small fits me really well, but I've always been between small and medium for a lot of other brands.

Labicicletta on Broadway has a large selection of Rapha (online prices are the same), and if you're in the area, check out the Giro New Road line at On The Rivet.

May 13, 2014, 9:56 a.m.

+1 on road holland, their jerseys have a good fit, good quality, decent prices. Haven't tried the shorts.

I have some older rapha stuff, and it is great quality, but man is that stuff expensive now. Definitely wouldn't pay full price for it, even with the 30-40% sales they have these days. I have found their fit to be a bit "european". Last time I ordered from them (2011), I got dinged with duty as they used fedex. Not sure if they still do.

May 13, 2014, 10:43 a.m.

Maybe take your lil quips to nbr. Or better yet, save them for that next article.

sorry, sorry. something (the smug, cynical and pretentious aspirational marketing campaign that drives their prices into the ridicu-sphere?) about rapha makes me a bit nauseous. but if it doesn't bug you, you probably live in a better world than me and, again, should buy and wear their stuff

edit: if you are planning a trip to the big smoke to check out rapha stuff at bicycletta, i recommend making a quick trip to on the rivet, just up the street: they have some really nice road stuff by local designers and, uh, clothing-makers. including this guy http://cimacoppi.ca who'll make you gorgeous custom merino jerseys for half what a rapha drone uniform top runs (sorry couldn't resist last one!)

May 13, 2014, 11:13 a.m.

sorry, sorry. something (the smug, cynical and pretentious aspirational marketing campaign that drives their prices into the ridicu-sphere?) about rapha makes me a bit nauseous. but if it doesn't bug you, you probably live in a better world than me and, again, should buy and wear their stuff

)

Road biking is seriouz bizness.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 13, 2014, 12:11 p.m.

Road biking is seriouz bizness.

Prancing around in tap shoes, tight pants and a brightly coloured tight shirt = serious bizness.