Predictions for first ITT?

July 7, 2006, 1:57 p.m.

Anybody want to take a stab at this? First individual time trial (Stage 7) is tomorrow morning. The results could be top-heavy with US riders, which would be nuts.

Just for fun, I'm going to say:

1st Landis (US)
2nd Hincapie (US)
3rd Zabriskie (US)
4th Leipheimer (US)

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 7, 2006, 2:44 p.m.

No way, Rasmussen will slay them all.

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to watching it tomorrow. Zabriski has a big monkey on his back.

My dark horse pick….Julich

NSMBA member.

July 7, 2006, 3:08 p.m.

Zabrisky is a solid choice. Him or Hincapie. Landis may be in the top three, definitely top 5.

David Miller, now that he's off the juice, 47th. lol

July 7, 2006, 3:26 p.m.

Man, I just don't know how Landis does it with that funky time trial position and those upswept bars. It's like an old ass triathlon bike with upswept bars. And how does he breath with his arms scrunched so close together? He looks like he's getting ready to be stuffed into the barrel of a human cannon.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 7, 2006, 6:41 p.m.

DZ, Rogers, Floyd, Hincapie, Savo. not sure about the order though.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

July 7, 2006, 6:56 p.m.

floyd -1
hincapie - 2
millar - 3 (yup)
rogers? - 4

How is millar in 47th? He was in 14th yesterday, and finished ST today? 2 years of no racing - i'd says hes doing pretty well eh?

July 7, 2006, 8:13 p.m.

Its a joke. He was such a good TT rider on the roids, but now he's probably clean and not so good. That's all.

Landis looks like an insurance salesman who plays around with triathlons on weekends.

July 7, 2006, 9:30 p.m.

Man, I just don't know how Landis does it with that funky time trial position and those upswept bars. It's like an old ass triathlon bike with upswept bars. And how does he breath with his arms scrunched so close together? He looks like he's getting ready to be stuffed into the barrel of a human cannon.

According to his coach this will be the next big thing.
He figures within 2 years half the peleton will be doing it.
His hand position actually breaks the wind a bit before it hits the body.

TEAM CRAFTY

July 7, 2006, 10:02 p.m.

Floyd should be #1. He will go for it and try to make a buffer for the mtns. The TT is relatively stable and controlled, better to make time there than wait for ther relative chaos of the mtn stages.

Also in the mix: Zabriskie, Levi, Rogers, Salvodelli

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

July 7, 2006, 10:35 p.m.

There's going to be a lot of Discovery riders in the Top 10-15. No surprise given the overall strength of the team, but the Disco boys will be gunning for it so that Bruyneel has more cards to play in the mountains. (More on that later….)

July 7, 2006, 10:50 p.m.

Its a joke. He was such a good TT rider on the roids, but now he's probably clean and not so good. That's all.

I dont see how you can judge his form, he only got cleared to race by the UCI a couple of weeks before the tour, so no meaningful results?
Riders have come back from doping bans to be successful again, and i hope Millar can be one of them. This will be his critical test though, fail and all his results are done IMO. Succeed, and he can show - what he claims - that he was not a systematic doper….
Wheres the 50/50 emoticon?

July 8, 2006, 8:56 a.m.

So much for predictions.

nouseforaname, I'm making a joke.

I think Disco failed today probably because they're all clean.

July 9, 2006, 12:34 a.m.

That one was harder to pick than a broken nose.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

July 9, 2006, 9:40 a.m.

…but think of the rewards if you can!

July 10, 2006, 7:38 a.m.

That one was harder to pick than a broken nose.

Nice one.

I expected the US guys to do well…probably better than they did, although guys like Fothen, Lang, Rogers all belong up there for sure. Hincapie? Julich crashing out was one guy gone. Levi was inexplicably bad, though. Gonchar is one of those guys who seems able to pop up again and again this time of year.

Very interesting to see 4 T-Mobile guys up there. In a sense this is the first Tour those guys have been in for years where they can let their form dictate the leader with Jan gone..it is going to be very interesting to see what tactics they employ and who emerges as the leader but if he's in cimbing form I think it'll be Kloden. Watch out for Cadel Evans…