Only in Vancouver....

July 10, 2014, 1:31 p.m.

i think one of the pace cars at ubc was electric.

Gastown was more entertaining (as a spectacle) than ubc. (big crowds, cobblestones, Heizomat lead, etc…)
UBC was entertaining as a race, because of the mastery displayed by the UHC team in the last ~5 laps of the race.

My kid and I (trail-a-bike) left after the race at the same time as the pace cars. We made it to the Lambo Store at 3rd and Pine at the same time as the car.. A good lesson for the kid about trip times in the city (car vs bike). He felt like a superstar too. :rocker:

July 10, 2014, 2:14 p.m.

Also only in Vancouver …

- the Lambo had a green "N" on the back and was driven by a 17-year old

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/woman-hit-by-pace-car-during-gastown-grand-prix-1.1907158

lol

that fuck-up sits squarely on the shoulders of the organizers who were fucking stupid enough to let that happen. what a complete bunch of idiots.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 10, 2014, 4:35 p.m.

Pretty stupid but that car was going way to fast. And keep in mind it's a bike race and the road is officially closed. Even one of the photographers moves out of the way… The pace car driver is an idiot as well.

No the car has to get out of the way like that because the bikes are faster through the corners. Usually a referee in the car watching things but I think maybe the last lap they should pull out but that might be difficult to do with crowds and such. The follow car officials usually pull lapped riders too if they don't do so willingly.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 10, 2014, 5:53 p.m.

Interesting yet not the first time a non racer was hit while being inattentive at the GTGP. 79 edition Alex Steida hit a pedestrian at speed.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 10, 2014, 9:53 p.m.

lol

that fuck-up sits squarely on the shoulders of the organizers who were fucking stupid enough to let that happen. what a complete bunch of idiots.

I was joking about the Lambo having a green "N" on it and being driven by a kid, but as I said, this is Vancouver.

July 10, 2014, 9:59 p.m.

lol

How did they let it happen? She literally darted in front of the car. Pretty much her fault.

July 10, 2014, 10:20 p.m.

lol

Every time I hit a bug on the highway,its my fault

Pastor of Muppets

July 11, 2014, 6:02 a.m.

lol

Saw the video. The woman had her back to the direction that the race was coming in. If you are on the course you have to keep your head up and be paying attention to the action.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 11, 2014, 9:09 a.m.

How did they let it happen? She literally darted in front of the car. Pretty much her fault.

Every time I hit a bug on the highway,its my fault

Saw the video. The woman had her back to the direction that the race was coming in. If you are on the course you have to keep your head up and be paying attention to the action.

ummm i was referring to the race organizers letting a a 17yr with an N drive the car being the fuck up considering some of the comments about the driving.

however…..

I was joking about the Lambo having a green "N" on it and being driven by a kid, but as I said, this is Vancouver.

it seems duncan is not all cereal bizniz like i thought.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

July 11, 2014, 11:03 a.m.

it seems duncan is not all cereal bizniz like i thought.

I might have to email Snopes or factcheck.org with a debunk …

July 11, 2014, 12:59 p.m.

Good thing Willy T Ribbs didn't hit her.

Wrong. Always.

July 11, 2014, 1:44 p.m.

The thing that people keep missing is why the fuck do you need pace cars in a 2km crit.

It's hilariously North American. To top it off they should have that knob from Crankworx shouting "shut the front door!" everytime the bunch goes by or maybe a break at mid distance for a yoga demo. No actually a parade of the downtown eastside residents sponsored by Enbridge.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

July 11, 2014, 1:56 p.m.

The thing that people keep missing is why the fuck do you need pace cars in a 2km crit.

It's hilariously North American. To top it off they should have that knob from Crankworx shouting "shut the front door!" everytime the bunch goes by or maybe a break at mid distance for a yoga demo. No actually a parade of the downtown eastside residents sponsored by Enbridge.

An electric vehicle would have been cool. At least the lady would have had an excuse, like "I didn't hear it coming!".

July 11, 2014, 1:59 p.m.

I think they had a Tesla for the womens race.

Thing is, closed course + marshalled = don't need a stupid pace car.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

July 11, 2014, 2:10 p.m.

Nope, the same pair of Lambo's. This may have something to do with Lamborghini Vancouver being an event sponsor. Like I said in the OP, cycling is the new golf