My first 100k ride(ish)

Aug. 29, 2006, 4:13 p.m.

I'd like to see your form, while sprinting for the finish and trying to upshift with friction shifting.

Ya I'm running indexed barcon's right now and shifting while going fast on bumby roads is a little hair raising. I think I'm going to get the ultegra level 8 speed STI's, should rule.

Racings a non-issue, I have no desire to compete against another cyclist, ever, at least not in any kind of formal setting. I'd rather race cars :lol:

www.natooke.com

Aug. 29, 2006, 4:22 p.m.

Ya I'm running indexed barcon's right now and shifting while going fast on bumby roads is a little hair raising. I think I'm going to get the ultegra level 8 speed STI's, should rule.

Racings a non-issue, I have no desire to compete against another cyclist, ever, at least not in any kind of formal setting. I'd rather race cars :lol:

If your really cheap this is an option.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem[HTML_REMOVED]rd=1[HTML_REMOVED]item=330018249243[HTML_REMOVED]ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT[HTML_REMOVED]ih=014

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 29, 2006, 4:33 p.m.

Now settle down, you don't want to get out of your threashold there.

Hahaha…

I do still ride Mountain bikes too….

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Aug. 29, 2006, 4:34 p.m.

I know my ride isn't that impressive but I think it's pretty good for a chronic weed and tobacco smoker who drinks almost every day. B)

Ah, so the truth is out. You're a prisoner to the tobacco and alcohol conglomerates. Unless you grow your own tobacco and distill your own alcohol?

Try to get in a good-sized breakfast, not a light one. If you can't find anything that sits well with you, try to have breakfast 2-3 hours before heading out. (Easier said than done, I know.) Otherwise, carry sandwiches and fig bars and start eating them within an hour into the ride, before you get hungry. Of course, you could also go with energy bars, etc.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Aug. 29, 2006, 4:39 p.m.

That wasn't really my point. But racing cars is fun. I love smoking past them going down Cypress or Seymore. They tend to give you funny looks. Plus they have to look at your ass for the rest of the way down the hill. It's like giving them the big:fu: for driving to slow.
Having a fast bike that shifts well is like a dream come true, when hunting down cars while commuting. When I get on my hardtail with fenders and crap, it's so slow. It's like trying to run in water.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Aug. 29, 2006, 4:42 p.m.

Ah, so the truth is out. You're a prisoner to the tobacco and alcohol conglomerates. Unless you grow your own tobacco and distill your own alcohol?

Way to go sherlock, I openly admit it in more than one thread and you're like "A-HA! found you out I did! I knew you'd slip up!" :lol:

This is where everyone tells me that I'm an inconsistent hippie when I never even claimed to be one.

The real reason I think people should drive less (if anyone cares) is so there are less cars on the road which would make our city a lot nicer at an entirely LOCAL level. It's not about the evironment, cars do so little damage compared to everything else that uses oil. I just think they're loud, smelly and offensive and when they aren't around things are a lot more pleasant and everyone can agree with that I think.

I wish everone would stop trying to label me because I don't really fit any labels.

-EDit I'm the most considerate smoker known to man, I won't even smoke on a patio with ashtrays unles I'm surrounded by other smokers.

www.natooke.com

Aug. 29, 2006, 4:42 p.m.

Oh and welcome to the club. You might not know it yet, but it's gonna start to take over. Your gonna be a road weenie in no time, if not allready!

edit.. Hahaha just read the post above. ^^^ be a non conformist. You'll crack one day.

Aug. 29, 2006, 7:18 p.m.

If your really cheap this is an option.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem[HTML_REMOVED]rd=1[HTML_REMOVED]item=330018249243[HTML_REMOVED]ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT[HTML_REMOVED]ih=014

so do those clamp onto the bar on either side of the stem? Having trouble picturing it in my mind.

Keep in mind I work in a shop so I can get stuff for half of regular retail, a pair of RT 500(ultegra) 8spd STI's would only set me back about 150ish

www.natooke.com

Aug. 30, 2006, 12:37 a.m.

Way to go sherlock, I openly admit it in more than one thread and you're like "A-HA! found you out I did! I knew you'd slip up!" :lol:

This is where everyone tells me that I'm an inconsistent hippie when I never even claimed to be one.

Relax, I'm just yankin' yer chain. I don't visit NBR much but I do remember the Critical Mass thread and people getting into rankles at the suggestion that they could drive a little less. Agree wholeheartedly about cars, I hate driving unless it is saving me time for better things.

As for the drinking and smoking, I will always enjoy watching people trade in their Marlboros, Mild Sevens and Seagrams for Campagnolo and Shimano.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Aug. 30, 2006, 4:31 a.m.

so do those clamp onto the bar on either side of the stem? Having trouble picturing it in my mind.

Keep in mind I work in a shop so I can get stuff for half of regular retail, a pair of RT 500(ultegra) 8spd STI's would only set me back about 150ish

The take offs where made by Chris Kelly one of the originals in MTB. Here's the link to the Take Offs.

http://kellybike.com/2nd_xtra_takeoff.html

Have one on my cross bike for the front shifter after my STI shifter crapped out. Scottish tightness won out when I compared the costs.

WTB years ago made a similar product called the Dirt Drop shifter. I have only seen them once on ebay and didn't win the auction. Been looking ever since.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/