local shops that sell rollers?

Dec. 2, 2005, 5:37 p.m.

you injured duke or is the snow getting you down.

I just wouldnt mind cranking some km's in the evening..in front of the fire in my spandex thinking of knightrider..:damn:

Dec. 2, 2005, 5:44 p.m.

LeeLau, you have mail.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Dec. 2, 2005, 5:54 p.m.

rollers are great for fitness [HTML_REMOVED] balance!!
I've got an old set of rollers (in prime shape) if Lee's don't cut it [HTML_REMOVED] you don't wanna buy new.

Dec. 3, 2005, 10:10 a.m.

You should be able to get a used set. I'll bet after 18 months, you'll be looking to unload it on some other unsuspecting soul. I can understand getting rollers out of desperation in a place with real Canadian winters, but not Vancouver.

They are the ultimate tool of procrastination - "It may rain today … I'll just do a spin on the trainer later instead". 3 hours later you're still on the couch watching South Park re-runs. Roller riding is mind-numbingly boring. For me, listening to MP3s or watching TV doesn't cut it. I'd rather dodge all kinds of stuff whizzing by me. Not only that, because you aren't moving and don't get much airflow, you sweat like a pig (or maybe that's just me - oink,oink). I rode on a (borrowed) trainer all last summer for knee surgery rehab (so I actually had to do it) and hated it (the smile is fake).

I ride pretty much every day (I commute from Deep Cove to SFU) and don't use fenders. Winter riding is awesome. Here is a picture from my commute yesterday, right around sunrise - I rode home after dark with a headlamp in the ruts of XC skiers