local shops that sell rollers?

Dec. 1, 2005, 11:11 p.m.

And don't say La Bicicletta, I believe they want $300…

I'm looking for something pretty basic, not fancy, but not junk either. With the weather at -2C and freezing rain, it makes me think that a set of rollers is a better use of money than neoprene rubber overboots and a set of race blade fenders.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Dec. 1, 2005, 11:18 p.m.

Why rollers? A trainer is more versatile as far as fitness. Although ideally, you would have both.

Too bad you weren't at the NSMBFC Gear Swap. There were quite a few rollers there good prices. Maybe give NS Sports Swap a call, or the other place that sells used gear.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Dec. 1, 2005, 11:36 p.m.

Call Steed Cycles, they've got a few at different prices. 604-987-2168 or [email protected]

Who knows, if you mention my name that old man Steed might give you a bit of a deal. Hi Kim!

Dec. 2, 2005, 11:30 a.m.

Try the classified section on the Cycing BC website. I went a took a look and thier is someone that recently put some rollers up for sale.

Dec. 2, 2005, 11:34 a.m.

Call Steed Cycles, they've got a few at different prices. 604-987-2168 or [email protected]

Who knows, if you mention my name that old man Steed might give you a bit of a deal. Hi Kim!

tell him you're looing for a spawncer and wayne told you to call steed

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 2, 2005, 11:37 a.m.

walrus you want to buy our old roller? I've no idea how much they cost but its taking up space in the garage. email me at [email protected] and we can talk

Dec. 2, 2005, 12:01 p.m.

walrus you want to buy our old roller? I've no idea how much they cost but its taking up space in the garage. email me at [email protected] and we can talk

Lee, is there anything you don't have in your garage? How about a cheap 1" rigid fork (mtb) to throw on an errand bike?

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Dec. 2, 2005, 12:42 p.m.

LEE - You want to sell the roller I use once or twice a year!

oh well, good excuse to buy a trainer… easier to stay on and I won't have to use my arm armour…

Sanrensho - we have an old Judy with a blown cartridge and I think we have an old Mag 21 that could fit your bill!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Dec. 2, 2005, 12:56 p.m.

Sanrensho - we have an old Judy with a blown cartridge and I think we have an old Mag 21 that could fit your bill!

Thanks, Sharon. I'm actually looking for a non-suspension 1" fork (threaded or threadless) for an old school SS build. Something like an old Tange fork. Looks like I'll have to head down to Our Community Bikes sometime soon.

-Kenji

Dec. 2, 2005, 1:15 p.m.

tell him you're looing for a spawncer and wayne told you to call steed

You should go in and say "I'm here to replace Wayne, where's my free shit bitch?"

Dec. 2, 2005, 1:19 p.m.

Thanks, Sharon. I'm actually looking for a non-suspension 1" fork (threaded or threadless) for an old school SS build. Something like an old Tange fork. Looks like I'll have to head down to Our Community Bikes sometime soon.

-Kenji

the judy!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Dec. 2, 2005, 2:24 p.m.

the judy!

I was hoping for non-suspension to begin with. I'll let you know if I get desperate.

Thanks.

Dec. 2, 2005, 2:51 p.m.

whats a good trainer to pick up ?

Dec. 2, 2005, 3:10 p.m.

you injured duke or is the snow getting you down.

Dec. 2, 2005, 3:13 p.m.

whats a good trainer to pick up ?

Ton of info here:

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=66442[HTML_REMOVED]highlight=trainer