Leg Shaving

Jan. 2, 2006, 6:34 a.m.

Yes i know it is uncool and sad but why do ppl do it?

I've heard that it makes cuts a grazes less susceptable to injury and they hurt less and heal faster? Anyone know the truth.

j

Jan. 2, 2006, 9:45 a.m.

without hair on your legs it makes cleaning a wound easier and there is less chance of infection :P

i personally shave my legs :)
one of my friends who road rides for canada swears by it.. i reckon for you guys its more for the road crew

:nzealand: NZ pride ~just a two fiddy tool~

Jan. 2, 2006, 10:04 a.m.

The major reason for pros is to make it easier to receive post-race massage. (The major pro teams have a full-time masseuse on staff.)

The other reason is that it makes it easier to clean up road rash. Aerodynamics was never a reason for leg shaving.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Jan. 2, 2006, 10:09 a.m.

Well easier to clean crash wounds is one. Plus they heal better.

One big plus, without all the hair the muscles are more defined.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 2, 2006, 1:26 p.m.

Also, many racers apply warming oils to their skin during cold weather racing. Less hair makes it easier to apply.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Jan. 2, 2006, 2:19 p.m.

…and for the rest of us (not me) its purely for fashion.

Jan. 2, 2006, 3:45 p.m.

…and for the rest of us (not me) its purely for fashion.

Or personal preference, such as those of us with wookie hair.

Jan. 2, 2006, 4:41 p.m.

Are you talking about my chest? :lol:

Jan. 2, 2006, 4:58 p.m.

Or personal preference, such as those of us with wookie hair.

Hmm I thought I was the only one. :D

Jan. 2, 2006, 8:13 p.m.

Now picture that, then try and sleep tonight.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 2, 2006, 8:36 p.m.

Hmm I thought I was the only one. :D

Getting your leg hair caught between your big ring and chain really sucks.

Jan. 2, 2006, 9:41 p.m.

Getting your leg hair caught between your big ring and chain really sucks.

Oh, man. I just cringed something fierce when I pictured that happening. I'd imagine it's like getting a curly snagged on a zipper. =/

South Sea-Tac Flowpark Gallery
KEEP IT GREEN!
This signature is brought to you by the letter "H" and by the number "6"