Leg shaving

April 24, 2006, 7:44 p.m.

I know real devotees for any drag-related sports (or roadburn related sports) shave their legs.
And anybody who has ever shaved anything repeatedly knows what the hair grows back like.

I'm wondering if any of you have tried alternate hair removal products for your legs besides shaving. What is good? What is pain free? What should one avoid at all costs? Or should i just say, "screw it," and shave?

I await your responses ;)

J-Dude

:banana:

April 24, 2006, 7:47 p.m.

chop off your legs, its easier.

April 24, 2006, 7:49 p.m.

What's wrong with lycra tights? I thought that was the rage.

April 24, 2006, 7:52 p.m.

Hairy legs are good enough for Eddy Merckx.

Unless you're a cat1 pro… don't shave!

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

April 24, 2006, 9:18 p.m.

leg waxing

I never did it myself but when my x-wife told me what she paid to have it done I was pretty sure I could do it better/faster /cheaper . We got some kit for 30$ that plugged in and heated up a wax applicator,apply the hot wax ,stick the linen strips down ,rip them off in the reverse direction of hair growth … didnt hurt a bit

did I mention we are no longer married ??

April 24, 2006, 9:45 p.m.

Or should i just say, "screw it," and shave?

I've always said, "Shave it and screw"…

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

April 24, 2006, 11:54 p.m.

Or should i just say, "screw it," and shave?

Affirmative. Go at it first with hair clippers (or a trimmer) if you have wookie legs.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

April 25, 2006, 12:03 a.m.

I know real devotees for any drag-related sports

I'm no expert but any sport that requires you to dress in drag would necessitate some clean shaven legs.

So many freaks, so few circuses.

April 25, 2006, 8:48 a.m.

I tried these strips that you warm up with your hands then stick to you legs. You then rip them off. Lets say I'm never doing that again.

Since then I stick to leg shaving.

April 25, 2006, 7 p.m.

We got some kit for 30$ that plugged in and heated up a wax applicator,apply the hot wax ,stick the linen strips down ,rip them off in the reverse direction of hair growth … didnt hurt a bit

did I mention we are no longer married ??

Well, i do like this option… but i'm kinda put off by the fact that you're no longer married… :argue:

I'm definetly no pro, but the reason, my coach tells me, for the leg shaving is that if you crash or whatever, your hair becomes like velcro and sticks to the road, and a lot of ripping occurs. This slows down the healing process as well as gives these huge, ugly scars…

I think i'll take his advice, but i'm still considering my options. Thanks for the humorous advice… ;) love it :P

April 25, 2006, 9:55 p.m.

Don't do it….

22 Pride

April 25, 2006, 11:20 p.m.

Don't do it….

When i show you (and gross you out) with my newest roadburn/hair-velcro patch (GOD FORBID), you'll wish i did ;)

April 26, 2006, 10:17 a.m.

This is wrong dont you know chicks dig scars or so they say… Anyway if you must shave but eventually when you do let it grow back it will be about nine times as thick as it grows back with avengence. My honest opinion dont do it sounds and seems so wrong.

April 26, 2006, 5:27 p.m.

Not the old 'grows back thicker' myth again. Bro, it ain't so. If this was true, you'd have a beard birds could nest in, and chicks could braid their pit hair 3 days after a shave. I've been shaving my head for 3 yrs now, and still only half of it grows back, just like before… experiment failed, I guess?!?!

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

April 26, 2006, 5:46 p.m.

well if it isnt true how do guys get stubbles… and how come if some girl doesnt shave there legs in 2 weeks it feels like sandpaper.

EDIT: my advice, use nair thats what girls say is the best :S

does this lense make my ass look big?

:lol: