Landis Admits to Doping

May 20, 2010, 8:33 p.m.

People may say he has no credibility but he just did what everyone does…deny. He just had to do it bigger and better because he won the tour and that is worth a lot. His credibility is fine with me, I just think hes trying to make amends the best an awkward Mennonite bike racer can. And like Myerson wrote

"So burn down Babylon. Burn pro cycling down. There will still be racing, there will still be races. Burn it down, so we can build it up again new. I condemn Landis' original decision to participate in a corrupt, immoral system. But I'll stand in front of the flames with him and watch it burn.

I'll shake his smokey hand the next time I see him."

ORIGINAL FREETARD
and now I'm CROSSTARDED

May 21, 2010, 10:42 a.m.

Newsflash, Landis really is a cheating, lying loser!

That pretty boy Floyd article misses the point:

1) Landis cheated - now that may be common, but just like crosschecking, sometime the penalty is called, and sometimes it isn't, and sometimes the consequences can be a big deal. In cycling, doping in the TDF is a pretty big gamble, so you'd better be ready for the consequences and deal with them appropriately.

2) Of course, nobody really is ready for the consequences. however, there have been plenty of cyclists caught doping and they either 'fess up, or slink away with their tails between their legs. To lie vigorously to the sanctioning bodies, the press and your funding supporters for four years is pathetic and cowardly.

3) Now, to confess with the caveat that hey, everyone else is doing it, in particular those colleagues who are more decorated, celebrated and untarnished (lance and george) is akin to a childish tantrum - if I can't play with the toy, no one else can smash

Did Lance (or anyone else) dope? Like in "The Fugitive" when the cop corners the escapee, escapee says "I didn't do it", cop says "I don't care," that is not the issue here. Landis needs to address his own culpability, his own responsibility and his own mendacity. He should not look to the public for any support at this point, having made chumps out of us not once, but twice now. His reputation is garbage, his integrity non-existant and his appeal eroded.

Don't go away mad Floyd, just go away.

Chirp

May 21, 2010, 12:03 p.m.

The thing is, Landis is just indiscriminately flinging sh*t if he has no corroborating evidence. Which he'd better have, because otherwise his credibility is zero.

Without corroborating evidence, only fingers will be pointed and nothing will happen to the doping situation. The situation might have been different had Landis confessed in the first place, told the UCI everything he knows, and perhaps set in a motion an investigation that might have come up with some concrete evidence. Or changed the approach to catching doping cases.

I'm willing to bet that Landis' "revelations" will have zero impact on the doping situation. Instead, he is just dragging the sport through the mud.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

May 21, 2010, 12:09 p.m.

Never caught, ratted himself out, and didn't drag anyone else into it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Chiotti

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 21, 2010, 1:49 p.m.

I would add that the timing of this pertains to Landis' team not being invited to the ToC. He is again acting in his own best interest now in the form of revenge or blackmail since his career is in the toilet and his third tier team isn't getting invites to domestic races… guy doesn't give a shit about the sport otherwise. I would imagine he is looking for a book opportunity or revenues from interviews, media etc since he no longer can compete at the highest level.

I agree; he's got very little credibility, he's gone about this in a horrible manner - I've read part of the email he sent out and it is horribly written, maybe he was drunk - but that's not to say I don't believe part or all of it.

May 21, 2010, 3:11 p.m.

New event - Tour De Europe.

Riders will have to ride 750km a day and they can take whatever drugs they want and as much as the want. Instead of colored jerseys for climbing and sprinting, you'd have colored jerseys for most drugs found in piss test or highest level of EPO in piss test.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"