It might be time to give up fixed riding....(possibly road cycling altogether)

Dec. 16, 2008, 2:27 p.m.

This applies to the idiots driving here in Victoria as soon as the snow hits.

Since moving here I've starting thinking that people blow red lights just to see if they can.. In good weather and in bad.

Back to the topic at hand though, I think the best advice was already given: assume people will do something stupid, adjust accordingly in case they do. If they don't, great, if they do, at least you're ready.

The only blame that can be put on you is that you didn't anticipate her stupid action. Don't lose any sleep over it.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Dec. 19, 2008, 12:45 p.m.

You did the right thing bro and you simplified what could have been a wicked nasty process (I have been through it and even when you are not at fault, the process can make you want to kill yourself). She is paying in flesh, blood and pain and you in dollars. Matter is settled and you need to get back on the horse as they say. You will do so a much wiser individual.

"Walk a mile in another man's shoes. Then, you'll be a mile away from him and have his shoes."

http://www.valleyvetservices.com
www.vmta.ca

Dec. 19, 2008, 6:05 p.m.

This applies to the idiots driving here in Victoria as soon as the snow hits.

didn't you hear?
all rules of the road are suspended once 50% of the pavement is covered by snow.

Dec. 21, 2008, 1:37 a.m.

ni hao ma

Dec. 21, 2008, 8:40 a.m.

gung hay , fat choi . . .

Feb. 5, 2009, 9:26 a.m.

boycake, you riding like a felon again?

i hadnt seen this story before, hopefully everything turned out ok, sounded shitty

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Feb. 5, 2009, 2:17 p.m.

The couriers here is Vancouver often run a front disc on their fixies. What makes you so gnar-core that you can't run a proper brake that would keep you out of this trouble?

a brake wouldn't have helped. Even with a disc you can't come to a stop going over 30 km/h in less than one metre.

Gotta agree with Buk on this - I damn near took out a pedestrian that decided to jaywalk while looking the wrong direction down the street. Wasn't using discs, but I locked both wheels up skidding at him. Brakes don't mean shit inside of the stopping distance. I think he's nuts for not having brakes, but that horse is beat.

I think the Chinese lady is as much at fault (if not more so) then you on this one man. Hope you're back on the wheels…. just learn to get your kicks with fireworks and not with riding in traffic.

Feb. 6, 2009, 6:53 a.m.

Yeah I'm back on the bike now. I luckily brought 2 spare rims with me so I just built the new one up on the bike with no truing stand cuz that's how I roll these days.

Been back on the bike the past week, I've got my felon styles back again but I'm definitely
a lot more subdued when riding through intersections now.

www.natooke.com

Feb. 6, 2009, 11:16 a.m.

Guangzhou didn't have any bike lanes, and everyone rode with traffic.

Do you wear a helmet? Barely anyone did where I was.