Input wanted

Aug. 17, 2006, 3:37 p.m.

Hey Roadies, Im watching this frame set on Ebay.

Tell me what you think!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem[HTML_REMOVED]rd=1[HTML_REMOVED]item=330019013508[HTML_REMOVED]ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT[HTML_REMOVED]ih=014

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Aug. 17, 2006, 5:08 p.m.

Interesting. I didn't know that Specialized was using the Columbus SLX name for aluminum tubing. Threw me off until I did some googling.

Seller reputation is stellar, so no worries there. You're going to have it shipped down to Blaine/Pt. Roberts, right? And it fits you?

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Aug. 17, 2006, 5:29 p.m.

The Geo is spot on. love the color, the blemishs don't mean much to me. The Blaine/Pt.Roberts thing sounds good. Altho I've never done it before. What would be the taxes and border fee's on 200ish anyways?

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Aug. 17, 2006, 5:55 p.m.

The Geo is spot on. love the color, the blemishs don't mean much to me. The Blaine/Pt.Roberts thing sounds good. Altho I've never done it before. What would be the taxes and border fee's on 200ish anyways?

Tell them "parts for a bike" and, at most, you'll pay GST.

I can give you info on the drop shipment place I use in Blaine. Real nice people, you just phone them beforehand and they'll add you to their database. Couple of bucks per item. Open M-Sat.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Aug. 17, 2006, 6:47 p.m.

www.tsbshipping.com for point roberts. I go there on a weekly basis

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Aug. 17, 2006, 10:04 p.m.

With all the money you're going to save, you can go and buy one of these:

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/fantom_cross_preorder.htm

It'll match your red Specialized frame and it's available in a 61 cm.

Aug. 17, 2006, 10:37 p.m.

With all the money you're going to save, you can go and buy one of these:

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/fantom_cross_preorder.htm

It'll match your red Specialized frame and it's available in a 61 cm.

Haha. Whats with all this talk about Cross bikes?

I don't know if the old bones will take not having any suspension. Plus I wont be able to ride until cross season is over.:(

Plus I have a 2006 Brodie Awl that i've riden like 5 times this year…. It hurts me just to look at it! (oh and it has a flat tire and a little puddle of stans fluid beside it, which I can't fix until I have two working arms)…

meh

Aug. 18, 2006, 1:26 a.m.

I don't know if the old bones will take not having any suspension.

You'd be surprised. On a cross bike, I'm finding that the bike limits anything too rocky, so you just don't ride it and stick to the relatively smooth stuff. I only find it as jarring as, say, broken-up pavement like the ride down to Woodlands. You just pick your lines on the cross bike.

Aug. 18, 2006, 6:21 a.m.

You just pick your lines on the cross bike.

See that little bit right there, says it all. If you know me and Mountain bikes it was all about speed!

Skill and finness were things other people had. :lol:

Aug. 18, 2006, 10:36 a.m.

Great frame - I think it's a 2005, the 2006 Allez Elite have a different kind of red/white paint job. The paint on that frame is identical to my 2005 Allez Elite 58cm.

You'll need a FSA or Cane Creek integrated headset for it.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Aug. 18, 2006, 1:38 p.m.

Well, I'm bidding and winning right now.

Sanrensho if you have the contact info for me that would be cool. I remember a thread about it and did a search but found zip!

Aug. 18, 2006, 2:51 p.m.

PM sent. Did you set a maximum bid amount, so that it will automatically outbid other high bids? Be prepared for snipers (last second bids).

Aug. 18, 2006, 3:30 p.m.

yup and yup!

Aug. 20, 2006, 1:03 p.m.

Bought it! Just waiting for him to ship it to Blaine. Will post pic's and weight differance between the two frames. So stoaked about it!

Aug. 20, 2006, 10:08 p.m.

Congrats. You'll be ripping up the tarmac again in no time. So how many weeks until you're allowed to ride again?