Horseshoe Bay to Squamish? anyone?

July 5, 2006, 2:57 p.m.

Amen to that. Pound it up the hills, recuperate on the flat or downs. Rinse and Repeat. Do it as many times as needed and no chance of getting smoked by a car. Fun ride… makes me want to head there right now (if my tires didn't keep exploding that is).

It was great living so close when I was in Lynn Valley. I could go out from my house and in under an hour, get some quality interval training in and come back spanked.

July 5, 2006, 6:04 p.m.

well I have no clue where it is. id travel there by bus I guess or just ride there from wherever. RIchmond ive arleady done. from richmond to Coalports Via Alex Fras.

my prob is I get bored easy so I need to see somthing new alot of the times.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 5, 2006, 9:35 p.m.

I'm super interested in getting a roadbike…. looked at a few Ironhorse carbon ones today that my bros gf can get me at cost….worth it for PG roads:S?

July 5, 2006, 9:42 p.m.

its always worth it. amazing exersize makes ya nice and thin with legs of steel. its great! def get one!

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 5, 2006, 10:18 p.m.

well I have no clue where it is. id travel there by bus I guess or just ride there from wherever. RIchmond ive arleady done. from richmond to Coalports Via Alex Fras.

my prob is I get bored easy so I need to see somthing new alot of the times.

The Demo Forest AKA Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve
http://www.gvrd.bc.ca/water/LSCR.htm

July 5, 2006, 11 p.m.

thank you. I got about 3/6 guys goin with me this sunday. thx alot guys

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 5, 2006, 11:03 p.m.

if your going on Sunday stop by the bottom of Lonsdale. The BC Crit champs are going on with the Cat 1/2 going at 1:30. first races are at 8:30

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

July 5, 2006, 11:14 p.m.

can i enter? haha im thinkin of doing tour de delta circuit before i go to saltspring island for the week.. then tour de white rock and Gas town. anyone know how to enter?

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 6, 2006, 12:12 a.m.

I'm super interested in getting a roadbike…. looked at a few Ironhorse carbon ones today that my bros gf can get me at cost….worth it for PG roads:S?

get one and ill go for a rip with you.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

July 6, 2006, 6:44 a.m.

Its not an alternative, its a fun and easy way to put in a power effort, as an example. Don't knock it until you can ride it at full pace = quality work out. My wife, a former BC road champ, would use this little route for her TT training. You have to know how to ride it.

Ross, if you want length and some quality miles, Richmond is right there.

The problem with the Seymour route is the mixed modes that are on it. My wife got taken out by a long boarder last summer while on her bike and it took almost a year for her to fully recover.

Lots of blind corners with rollerbladers and longboarders pinning it and taking a wide line around the corner. There's just not enough room to escape on that route. I don't think I'll go back to that one.

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

July 6, 2006, 7:57 a.m.

well i know long boarders hahaha few of them already said its fun just watchout.

great advice. :) should have a big nsmb road ride…

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 6, 2006, 8:03 a.m.

Did you sort out that problem yet?

My wife had a deck for me to re-surface instead. Deck looks great, bike is still out of commission. Should be able to take it into Bicycletta this weekend to discuss options.

grumble grumble grumble

July 6, 2006, 8:30 a.m.

can i enter? haha im thinkin of doing tour de delta circuit before i go to saltspring island for the week.. then tour de white rock and Gas town. anyone know how to enter?

you need just need a Cycling BC license. I wouldn't just hop into the Crit Champs. Try doing the weekly races to get used to the tempo and riding in a group. Tuesday nights are at UBC and Thursday nights are at the Richmond Industrial Park at the end of #5 road. All the races during Superweek (Gastown, White Rock and Delta) are only open for the Cat 1's

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

July 6, 2006, 9:24 a.m.

Its not an alternative, its a fun and easy way to put in a power effort, as an example. Don't knock it until you can ride it at full pace = quality work out. My wife, a former BC road champ, would use this little route for her TT training. You have to know how to ride it.

Ross, if you want length and some quality miles, Richmond is right there.

don't get me wrong - I love the demo forest. In fact I do it once a week myself - I live by seymour - they are just two completely different types of rides.

July 6, 2006, 9:25 a.m.

well its somthing to try. the circ is right out my door.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c