good routes?

Aug. 7, 2006, 5:37 p.m.

Just did my first real road ride recently. Went from my house near cambie and braodway and rode to horseshoe bay via marine dr. then back via upper levels.
It was an amazing experience and I am looking for some other routes that could give me that same open road feeling around the north shore area.

Any reccomendations?

www.natooke.com

Aug. 7, 2006, 7:32 p.m.

go over lions gate bridge , go up capilano , up montroyal , stay high across lonsdale into lynn valley , down mtn highway . mount seymour parkway to the cove , low road back to second narrows , either go over and do the underbelly route back into the city or stay on main st , low road to lonsdale , marine drive back to lions gate , stanley park drive to beach ave .

do NOT be a road noob , and ride the wrong way on lions gate bridge . total rookie move . . . .

whatcha riding ?

Aug. 7, 2006, 8:08 p.m.

haha someone going the wrong way on lions gate would really piss me off. :lol:

here's the ride:

picked up most of the bike for 100 bucks from work. then just bought some cheapish wheels and a drivetrain. The thing I love the most about the bike is getting my bar-con shifters running on 8spd thanx to a link from sarensho.

www.natooke.com

Aug. 7, 2006, 8:29 p.m.

picked up most of the bike for 100 bucks from work. then just bought some cheapish wheels and a drivetrain. The thing I love the most about the bike is getting my bar-con shifters running on 8spd thanx to a link from sarensho.

That is a seriously sweet, old school paint job. The white tape is perfect on that bike:thepimp:, I'm also switching to white tape on my RM roadie.

Glad to be of help with your derailleur setup.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Aug. 7, 2006, 8:50 p.m.

That is a seriously sweet, old school paint job. The white tape is perfect on that bike:thepimp:, I'm also switching to white tape on my RM roadie.

Glad to be of help with your derailleur setup.

ya I got the frame, bar, stem, brakes, and h/set and bb brand new never ridden. I'm not sure of the year but I think it's early 90's. I also have the front hub and cranks from that white ole' group set just waiting to be installed. It is my dream to find the rear hub somewhere to complete it all.

www.natooke.com

Aug. 8, 2006, 6:59 a.m.

nice ride boy . . . . have fun on that loop . . . . . cap is the warmup for montroyal . . . . .maybe put on a 38 . . . . . goes up a first bump , then the hill starts : short and steep .