getting the right size

Oct. 3, 2006, 1:07 p.m.

what a difference the right size makes,I was on an old Vitus 56cm ,I got properly sized to a 52cm cannondale CAD8.The things I notice right off is its easier to maintain a higher cadence,when you stand up to attack you just stand up as opposed to up and forward .STI sure is nice ,shifting while attacking out of the saddle,keeping your hands on the bars and the latest frames are way stiffer

Oct. 3, 2006, 1:10 p.m.

what a difference the right size makes,I was on an old Vitus 56cm ,I got properly sized to a 52cm cannondale CAD8.The things I notice right off is its easier to maintain a higher cadence,when you stand up to attack you just stand up as opposed to up and forward .STI sure is nice ,shifting while attacking out of the saddle,keeping your hands on the bars and the latest frames are way stiffer

What's your height/inseam? Congrats on the new bike. You can't beat a new bike for getting motivated to go riding.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Oct. 6, 2006, 3:49 p.m.

5'8" with a 30 inch inseam ,52cm was what sean the shop dude figured for C-dale specificly which I went for cuz they had some clearouts

with a staff deal I was into a new 105 bike for the price of some labor owed and cash from selling 2 used paddles/a ww kayak and deck .

I would say that IMHO the correct fit is MOST important for the road followed closely by a good frame that is comfy to ride but not too flexy followed lastly by a decent 105 spec

Oct. 16, 2006, 9:52 a.m.

my roadbike is 50cm, I am 5' 6" and can't remember my inseam - but I went to La bicicletta on broadway - they will help you out - and when you get your bike get them to to fit it for you - lots of minor tweaking make a biiiig difference on your reach, and general comfort.

happy riding!

Oct. 16, 2006, 10:03 p.m.

That crotch checker thing… eeek..

:banana:

Oct. 16, 2006, 10:10 p.m.

That crotch checker thing… eeek..

It's better than them sticking there hands there with a tape measure.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Oct. 17, 2006, 12:04 a.m.

It's better than them sticking there hands there with a tape measure.

homophobe

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 17, 2006, 4:50 p.m.

homophobe

You gotta problem with that Homo?

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll