fun little bike

March 6, 2009, 2:47 p.m.

a few weeks ago i got a kona dew deluxe and ive got about 100km on it now. i originally got it to use as a commuter bike, but once i put some clips on it and started riding it around a bit, its a lot of fun! who knew?? i sure didn't! traffic is more frightening than the mountain tho haha.

http://konaworld.com/09_dewdeluxe_c.cfm

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

March 6, 2009, 3:07 p.m.

oh yeah yer gonna have fun on that thing . . . .

i rode a RM RC 50 last year both as a valley trail / road commuter towing a BOB with a dog in it , and for ripping the gravel crush trails around the valley . what a blast . i bring it to the city and do a rip out to the endowment lands .

that dew is well priced . if you want to speed it up for cheap , put on some 23c rubber , like armadillos

March 8, 2009, 2:06 p.m.

nice, i didnt know that! i do rip gravel paths and stuff so i think ill leave the knobbyish tires on for now, but thats great to know.

would a road cassette do much as far as making it faster?

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

March 8, 2009, 2:09 p.m.

Road cassette won't help much to make it faster, other than weighing a bit less. If you want speed put some 23c rubber on.

March 8, 2009, 5:04 p.m.

nice, i didnt know that! i do rip gravel paths and stuff so i think ill leave the knobbyish tires on for now, but thats great to know.

would a road cassette do much as far as making it faster?

road cassette would help you maintain better control over your cadence on varied terrain. the smaller jumps between gears are beneficial, but not drastically. still gonna have an 11t top gear, though, so no greater top speed. if you want more jam, invest in a triple setup with a 53t big ring. warp speed attainable then.

Check my stuff for sale!

April 9, 2009, 3:50 p.m.

I had 23c armadillos on my commuter and they shredded faster than you want to know… For a commuter I'd suggest the continental contacts im running now, awesome tires. Dropping a few millimeters in tire width will make a difference, but for your application i don't see the point, since other tires will last longer.

I guess my mentality with my commuter / road bike is buy good stuff that will last a long time and forget about it for as long as possible.

If you really want to rip on it all year round and put the car away for a minute, get some clip on fenders (easier to deal with) and i highly recomend the night rider mi-newt usb for a good but not too spendy headlight.

blaq design ltd

April 9, 2009, 3:52 p.m.

Definitely swap your rings out though, if you want speed.

blaq design ltd