Floyd Landis fails drug test.

July 27, 2006, 10:57 a.m.

http://www.tsn.ca/oln/news_story.asp?id=172496

For those of you who actually watched the tour this guy made an amazing comeback in the Alps after losing the yellow jersey in a time trial. I bet Lance Armstrong isnt very impressed.

July 27, 2006, 11:02 a.m.

HAHAHAHAHA… The shop back at home continually said that they are all dopers… just that Lance had excellent backing that could cover his ass! While I never believed it… change of thought has come!

Why can't we just do it normally… why all these performance enhenacing drugs?

www.steedcycles.com

July 27, 2006, 11:05 a.m.

i think they should have a separate world competition that involves, the 100m dash, some weight lifting, some bike racing, long jump, and high jump.

and make it, anything goes…
as much drugs as u want
if they wanna take drugs..make a contest to there own, should be interesting to see a guy run the 100m in 5 or 6 seconds hahaha

July 27, 2006, 11:19 a.m.

Could you imagine what these athelets would look like? Ever see that doc about they guys arms that exploded? That ws so frackin disgusting… how could anyone want to be that big… oh and this coming from a skinny kid!

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

July 27, 2006, 12:22 p.m.

If proved true, this is very disappointing. Watching the Tour this year was very exciting and I thought we were seeing something special. Seeing guys make amazing comebacks or completely bonk to me it seemed more human and that the drugs were gone. Sadly wrong.

July 27, 2006, 2:05 p.m.

Why can't we just do it normally… why all these performance enhenacing drugs?

I think only one guy has to start doping and all the others will feel disadventaged hence will follow in his footsteps…

… with 200 and something competitors, chances are that someone will cheat.

Pedro

Pedro does bring up some good points, but being only one R off of Pedo …. discounts much of that

"ANYONE can have the American dream…but not EVERYONE can have the American dream"

"Looking for a fight, look a gypsy in the eye…"

July 27, 2006, 2:30 p.m.

i'm so disappointed :(

July 27, 2006, 2:45 p.m.

Here we go again.:rolleyes:

No I'm not being an apologist for him. However it's amazing how quickly everyone jumps on the he did it train. They haven't even proven that he did it without a shadow of a doubt he did it.

He hasn't even been investigated yet, but everyone is so willing to be judge, jury, and his executioner.

For the amount of jumping to conclusions everyone is doing. I'm surprised anyone has energy to ride a bike.

Bleeding sheep, too willing to follow the herd.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 27, 2006, 3:24 p.m.

landis dopes, armstrong dopes. To compete in the tour it's pretty much a must.

www.natooke.com

July 27, 2006, 3:29 p.m.

Here we go again.:rolleyes:

No I'm not being an apologist for him. However it's amazing how quickly everyone jumps on the he did it train. They haven't even proven that he did it without a shadow of a doubt he did it.

He hasn't even been investigated yet, but everyone is so willing to be judge, jury, and his executioner.

For the amount of jumping to conclusions everyone is doing. I'm surprised anyone has energy to ride a bike.

Bleeding sheep, too willing to follow the herd.

I understand your pov view Enduramil, but I think a lot of people have the same feeling you do - here we go again. We see news about another athlete in some sprt or another testing positive probably once a week or more, so ya everyone is quick to jump on the bandwagon because why should there be any doubt? Few thousand other pro's have been caught this year, he's just another drop on the bucket.

For the record I don't care about tdf but I wouldn't be suprised if 95% of them are doped up. As Boykake points out, if you want to compete you have to be on the same field.

July 27, 2006, 3:43 p.m.

I understand your pov view Enduramil, but I think a lot of people have the same feeling you do - here we go again. We see news about another athlete in some sprt or another testing positive probably once a week or more, so ya everyone is quick to jump on the bandwagon because why should there be any doubt? Few thousand other pro's have been caught this year, he's just another drop on the bucket.

For the record I don't care about tdf but I wouldn't be suprised if 95% of them are doped up. As Boykake points out, if you want to compete you have to be on the same field.

Let's not forget the increasing number of athlete's being cleared because of screw ups in drug testing. I'm starting to be wary of any of these tests because alot of times it appears they are to eager to catch athlete's.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 27, 2006, 5:34 p.m.

i dunot belive it..
or i do belive it and everyone else doped too but he still kicked their ass.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 27, 2006, 5:45 p.m.

His Mom won't support him if he is found guilty. I was reading this in an article. I think it was in the paper. She said if he was caught, he deserves to lose his TDF title, but she does understand the temptation to do it.

There's a whole lot at stake. Hopefully this is all a mistake at the lab, and Floyd can be a hero again.

Bikes:

2005 Trek Session 77
2004 Specialized P3
2003 Giant TCR ONCE Team Road Bike

For Sale:

2004 Marzocchi DJII - NEW! PRICE LOWERED!

Tech Geek that likes to Freeride. Visit my stuff at: www.futurelooks.com and for that laptop fetish, www.laptoplifestyle.net.

July 27, 2006, 6:31 p.m.

He hasn't been found guilty of it yet until the B sample comes in.

P.S. This is bike related.

July 27, 2006, 9:58 p.m.

Even if the b sample is positive, with this particular condition, additional testing will also be required.
Apparently this type of positive has been overturned commonly before.
I wish the publicizing of the riders would at least wait until the evidence was clear and substantial.
Even if Floyd is cleared, he will be branded for life "Doper"

TEAM CRAFTY