East Van Waterfront

May 9, 2012, 9:59 a.m.

you can still ride through the port, though it is technically verbotten. when i lived in the neighbourhood we'd ride along there all the time: got stopped once by security, but only because we were taking pictures; usually they ignore you. best not to blow the checkpoint but if you ride west along wall street, about 2/3 blocks before you hit hastings you'll see a little park on the right with a (n open) footbridge leading over the road, and stairs leading down. hump you're bike down and you can ride on the flat with virtually no traffic all the way to crab park

That footbridge is at the little park at the north end of Nanaimo St. Last time I looked, the port had installed a locked gate at the bottom.

May 9, 2012, 7:35 p.m.

Sounds like my old port pass might be worth something.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

May 9, 2012, 10 p.m.

I've taken Adanac from Boundry to Downtown a couple times this past week. I like it till I hit the Georgia viaduct then not so much till Stanley Park/Lions Gate Bridge which is so much better than 2nd Narrows. Riding downtown between the viaduct and the Park kills the flow it seems. You can really make some good time thru East Van and the neighborhood is pretty cool.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

May 9, 2012, 10:50 p.m.

Riding downtown between the viaduct and the Park kills the flow it seems.

There is allll kinds of flow going on westbound between Citadel Parade and Stanley Park. You have three westbound routes on Dunsmuir/Melville, Pender, and Hastings; the alleyway between Dunsmuir and Pender, and plenty of elevation in reserve. Learn your traffic patterns and enjoy!

Mighty Riders
On The Rivet Cyclewear
Vallie Components
Novex Clean Delivery Solutions

May 17, 2012, 8:16 p.m.

Slightly OT, but did anyone have their commute and/or flow interrupted at Hawk Ave. and Union St. on the Adanac bike route today (Thursday)? There was a VPD officer monitoring the stop sign for West bound traffic when I passed through.