cross for commuters?

March 29, 2010, 11:43 a.m.

^ A stem pad on a cross bike?? Is that so your woman feels more comfortable getting doubled home?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 29, 2010, 11:44 a.m.

glad I could be of assistance.

Decision has been made…. Cross bike it is.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

March 29, 2010, 3:44 p.m.

^ A stem pad on a cross bike?? Is that so your woman feels more comfortable getting doubled home?

no, it's so when im stylin' home from the bar, hit a curb and get launched at the stem, my junk doesn't end up all purple (again). like they say: once bitten, twice shy

edit: actually the bike did see a fair bit of doubling action in sa. can't remember if the stem pad was on there or not. i'll ask my wife

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 3, 2010, 2:47 p.m.

Just found an 08 norco ccx2 new for $720

Anyone ride these? Figure a food deal?

I've got 2 hours to decide to pull the trigger.
Posted via Mobile Device

April 3, 2010, 3:12 p.m.

How can you go wrong with $720 for brand new? Can you try it? If you can and it feels alright - go for it.

April 3, 2010, 3:16 p.m.

Is it the right size?

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

April 3, 2010, 3:20 p.m.

Felt good. It's a large, I'm 6'2"

Its in Vernon so I wouldn't really be able to take advantage of any fitting benefits.

500ish was kind of my limit but thus seems like a good deal.

It's mostly a sora groupo, has the thumb shifters on the drop bars.

Got to convince the boss.

Posted via Mobile Device

April 3, 2010, 3:23 p.m.

Got to convince the boss.

Posted via Mobile Device

Ahhh… the hardest part lies just ahead then! :D

April 3, 2010, 5:51 p.m.

Trigger not pulled.

Got the go ahead from the boss.

Went back and gave it a solid testing and it just didn't feel right. The top give is 21 cm and it felt far too compact even with a different stem. The other thing was I can't seem to do the sora flightdeck, the thumb shifters were awkward and actually hurt my wrists.

Back to the hunt. At least now I have convinced the wife to a morerealisic price.

Posted via Mobile Device

April 3, 2010, 8:05 p.m.

Went back and gave it a solid testing and it just didn't feel right. The top give is 21 cm and it felt far too compact even with a different stem. The other thing was I can't seem to do the sora flightdeck, the thumb shifters were awkward and actually hurt my wrists.

Were you trying to shift from the drops? The Sora shifters with the thumb actuation are virtually impossible to shift from the drops (they weren't designed for that). But I've found them to be bombproof, and have no problems doing all my downshifts from the hoods. It's a bit like trigger shifter in that way, which is actually good in dicey conditions.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

April 5, 2010, 10:13 a.m.

Were you trying to shift from the drops? The Sora shifters with the thumb actuation are virtually impossible to shift from the drops (they weren't designed for that). But I've found them to be bombproof, and have no problems doing all my downshifts from the hoods. It's a bit like trigger shifter in that way, which is actually good in dicey conditions.

Yep, Sora are more a touring grouppo.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

April 5, 2010, 10:31 a.m.

I can't believe Norco is selling that bike for 720. Think of all the poor people that paid full pop for it in 2008.

April 5, 2010, 10:36 a.m.

I can't believe Norco is selling that bike for 720. Think of all the poor people that paid full pop for it in 2008.

someone ought to send Norco an email and tell them how to better run their business, this shit seriously devalues their brand!

April 5, 2010, 3:11 p.m.

evil trolls. go back to the knolly thread

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 5, 2010, 9:33 p.m.

that is exactly what I was doing. Yes, I am a noob! I am coming from using index shifters!!!

I'm kind of wishing I bought hte bike now, but sadly it is in Vernon and I am back in Vancouver. I am still fond of the tiagra and up shifters, I like to ride on the drops a lot.