Crashed

Aug. 10, 2006, 5:43 a.m.

Well I'm off the VGH to get my surgery.

It turns out that my Scapula is broken in half and displaced, an inch and a half.:eek: No wonder why it hurt so much!

Later dudes.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Aug. 10, 2006, 11:20 a.m.

so, if i get a roadbike, do i have to stop making fun of roadies?

I still get ignored, even though I ride semi-regularly with other roadies, mostly because they know that I use road riding mostly as training for mtb. And I think a couple of them are pissed that the mountain bikers (there are a couple of us) always drop them on the climbs…

I don't really bag on them too much anymore though - road riding can be tough and the first time I cracked was a real eye opener.

It all makes you a better all round rider though.

Ninja! That is a painful sounding injury. Stock up on beer and peanuts, and maybe sign up for one of those online dvd rental services!

"It's, like, so much fun."

Aug. 10, 2006, 1:28 p.m.

Good luck with the surgery. Let us know how it goes.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Aug. 11, 2006, 12:52 p.m.

Well that surgery sucked balls, soooo painfull. There is no escape from the pain! The amount of muscles they had to cut, just to get at the scapula is staggering.

I don't reqemend breaking this bone! It's my most painfull to date! Lots of new hardware thou… :woot: even some Titanium screws!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Aug. 11, 2006, 1:08 p.m.

I don't reqemend breaking this bone! It's my most painfull to date! Lots of new hardware thou… :woot: even some Titanium screws!

How did you get titanium under public health insurance? I only got SS (hip/femur), and they're in there for life.

I'm sending you a link so you can keep motivated by blowing money on bike stuff you don't need.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Aug. 11, 2006, 5:49 p.m.

How did you get titanium under public health insurance? I only got SS (hip/femur), and they're in there for life.

I'm sending you a link so you can keep motivated by blowing money on bike stuff you don't need.

But I need to blow my money on bike stuff I do need. Like a new frame, if you see any good deals on a 60cm or bigger frame let me know! I :love: Cervelo's Maybe a R3

Aug. 11, 2006, 6:12 p.m.

But I need to blow my money on bike stuff I do need. Like a new frame, if you see any good deals on a 60cm or bigger frame let me know! I :love: Cervelo's Maybe a R3

Frame/fork only? What is the exact purpose of the frame swap?

Thewalrus has lots of info about frame weights and deals.

Aug. 11, 2006, 11:16 p.m.

he broke his rear triangle.. didnt you READ!?!?!

get opus… http://www.opusbike.com/pdf/Staccato06.jpg

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Aug. 11, 2006, 11:32 p.m.

didnt you READ!?!?!

Chill out, Rossco. There should be plenty of deals in about 1-2 months as team riders get in their new bikes and dump the old ones. Assuming you can wait that long.

Can't you get a frame deal through the team?

Aug. 11, 2006, 11:47 p.m.

heal up!!

send them a pic of you riding their DH RACE bike off the roof of Rochester School…and ask if the crack is really a manufacturing defect.

EVIL DOC FOR SALE!!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2155
PM ME!

Aug. 12, 2006, 12:01 a.m.

it was a joke san.. hahaha :)

IM selling my full roadbike soon. but its size small.. so yeah.. dirt cheep. about 2100$

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Aug. 12, 2006, 12:10 a.m.

it was a joke san.. hahaha :)

Whoops.

Actually, I skimmed after reading the gruesome damage report. Luckily, there are always good deals on 60 cm frames and plenty of old stock if buying new.

Aug. 12, 2006, 7:59 a.m.

Chill out, Rossco. There should be plenty of deals in about 1-2 months as team riders get in their new bikes and dump the old ones. Assuming you can wait that long.

Can't you get a frame deal through the team?

Yeah I can deffinitly wait, no rush here!

I am not part of the team ether, soooo no deals for me!

Aug. 12, 2006, 8 a.m.

IM selling my full roadbike soon. but its size small.. so yeah.. dirt cheep. about 2100$

Why sell?

Aug. 12, 2006, 8:08 a.m.

ummm… cuz.. always nice to buy another road bike.. :)

get a newer one so I look more team Gaycore..

gunna stick with opus I like the looks.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c