Canada Day Populaire

July 2, 2013, 10:39 a.m.

Wow. Hottest day of the year for 150KM through the Fraser Valley. Finished with a moving time of 6:20, but took way longer because TWO flats. I am so not a heat guy.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to patrolskid for waiting and for the pulls. Always great to ride with you.

July 2, 2013, 11:13 a.m.

and if yer gonna go off route and get lost , may as well climb a big hill ( or three ) just to add to the story book .

good times looking forward to the next one .

any other nsmb'rs out there yesterday ?

July 2, 2013, 8:37 p.m.

and if yer gonna go off route and get lost , may as well climb a big hill ( or three ) just to add to the story book .

good times looking forward to the next one .

any other nsmb'rs out there yesterday ?

I was… it was brutally hot day out there. In retrospect I probably went out too hard and paid the price in the last 30k as our group of 5 battled a head wind home. drank 6 bottles and was still totally dehydrated by the time I finished (clock time 5:05)
started running tubeless this year and am loving it. 3k so far and no flats :)

July 2, 2013, 10:08 p.m.

yup , easy to get caught up in the excitement of the start and take off with all the fast guys and then pay for it later .

i like to start off easy so that i'm pulling strong on the finishing hills .

July 2, 2013, 10:17 p.m.

Sounds like this is something to put on the calendar for next year.

Jon-boy.

July 3, 2013, 8:13 a.m.

did it start @ yorkson community park in langley? There were an assload of cars with bike racks all up in my neighbourhood.

Check my stuff for sale!

July 3, 2013, 12:33 p.m.

you should jonboy . . . start your year with the pacific populaire ( 100 km ) and then do the canada day populaire ( 148 km ).

great vibe at these events . there are some fast guys that are usually gone from the start , but the vast majority are people looking to spend a day on the bike with other like minded cyclists . three fully stocked aid stations / controls where you have to get off and have your card validated so you know that you will be taking three breaks over the course of the ride . at this event there is an hour long start window and the course is not marked or closed so you have to pay attention to your route sheet which makes it more like a ride rather than a race .

all that for just 20 bux . if half the folks that shelled out 275 to do a fondo rode this event , they'd prolly never ride a fondo again :lol: