Boonen, the 'defense', and a rest day

July 19, 2006, 4:45 p.m.

With this epic battle of pack filler, you always wonder where Armstrong would've been on those climbs.

Clearly, Lance would've crushed these guys and cruised to No. 8.

Likely by a gap of 6+ minutes. Although Armstrong rode pretty conservatively last year, which suggests that he was slowing down a bit.

Here's the Pereiro quote I couldn't find before:

_ Q: You know Floyd very well. Did you have any sign during the stage that Floyd might not have a good day? Are you shocked at how severely he cracked today?

OP: I didn't realize this until the very last climb to La Toussuire. I'm really sad for him, as I honestly would have liked to see him up front at the Tour. I don't know what happened to him. Maybe he had a hunger knock, I don't know. But I can assure you that I would never would have been the first to attack him; he's a friend. Thanks to him, I rode the Tour before, and I owe a lot to Phonak._

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 19, 2006, 5:31 p.m.

Here's a recap of the '56 Tour de France, won by Roger Walkowiak.

This year's winner takes it a la walko?

"It's, like, so much fun."

July 20, 2006, 8:47 a.m.

Buh bye Landis….

:D

Good thing you've stopped making predictions. Who saw THAT coming? Although it just goes to prove there are no strong teams this year. I would't be suprised if Sastre goes out on the attack on tomorrow's stage. Which team is going to catch him? CSC is likely the only team that could catch anyone.

July 20, 2006, 9:01 a.m.

Pereiro is a freakin' pussy. In addition to the Pereiro comments found by Sarensho comes this (from today's EuroSport live coverage):

YELLOW JERSEY OSCAR PEREIRO ON FLOYD LANDIS: "I am happy for him."

PEREIRO ON HIS HOPES FOR THE YELLOW JERSEY - "Is very, very difficult, but today and I am the yellow jersey, and Saturday is another day, I am happy for my team."

Does he not want to win? I mean, everybody's pulling for Floyd deep down, but the race leader? WEAK.

And don't get me wrong - Landis had a wicked, ballsy ride today after yesterday's fiasco. At least one guy in the field wants to wear the yellow jersey next week.

"It's, like, so much fun."

July 23, 2006, 8:29 p.m.

haha…its kinda funny looking back on people's speculation.

I for one am stoked for Landis…chalk up a victory for mountainbikers!

Pastor of Muppets