Armstrong to come out

Sept. 18, 2008, 8:49 a.m.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Sept. 18, 2008, 9:56 a.m.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA look at hincapie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

dude that photo is GOLD

Sept. 18, 2008, 8:41 p.m.

Lances' best bet would be to say he was going to came back and be a super domestique for which ever team pays his enormous salary. This way there is zero pressure from the French Press to put on him to win #8. If he realizes he cant compete at that level anymore, no big deal, he's just a domestique. But if he is pulling on the mountains and no one can keep his wheel, then there a change up in the ranks. David Millar didn't stay team captan for too long when Garmin hit the mountains.

Guys roll there eyes a bit when the hear about Lance , but no one can denie what he did for cycling in North America over the past 10 yrs.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pH51rAX-G3o

Sept. 19, 2008, 7:55 a.m.

Lances has said that he will not be taking a salary.

Sept. 19, 2008, 7:59 a.m.

Lance's goal is to win the tour again. No talk of support or going along for the ride at all.

Sept. 19, 2008, 10:15 a.m.

I wouldn't bet against Lance.
Astana is going to be scary good. Contador, Leipheimer and Kloden getting water bottles? Wow.

Oct. 13, 2008, 1:32 p.m.

Very kewl. Armstrong commits to racing the 2009 Giro.

Win-win situation all around. Huge media spotlight for the Giro to the delight of the race promoters, tons of promotion for Livestrong, and hopefully live TV coverage again for the fans.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/oct08/oct13news3a

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Oct. 13, 2008, 6:19 p.m.

i heard he was going to be riding this bike next season, not sam hill

Ridemonkey Forums turning into the new Pinkbike?

Oct. 18, 2008, 3:22 p.m.

While athletes are remarkable performance machines, the same evaluation cannot be leveled against their powers of thought and logic. There really is nothing more depressing than watching one of these ex-retireds try to reacquire the shine and fail.

"Walk a mile in another man's shoes. Then, you'll be a mile away from him and have his shoes."

http://www.valleyvetservices.com
www.vmta.ca

Oct. 19, 2008, 3:26 a.m.

While athletes are remarkable performance machines, the same evaluation cannot be leveled against their powers of thought and logic. There really is nothing more depressing than watching one of these ex-retireds try to reacquire the shine and fail.

maybe there's nothing more depressing for you.

I have a feeling that there's nothing more depressing to LA than sitting on his ass not racing.

www.natooke.com

Oct. 19, 2008, 5:56 a.m.

I bet the next guy out of retirement will be Dick Pound.

Naw, he's too busy putting his foot in his mouth.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 19, 2008, 10:37 a.m.

maybe there's nothing more depressing for you.

I have a feeling that there's nothing more depressing to LA than sitting on his ass not racing.

You're right…..there is nothing more depressing to me….I do wish him well. I think having your ass handed to you at Leadville by Wiens (sheesh, that guy is as old as me)would either make you rethink your plans or double your efforts to do better.

"Walk a mile in another man's shoes. Then, you'll be a mile away from him and have his shoes."

www.vmta.ca

Oct. 19, 2008, 8:32 p.m.

You're right…..there is nothing more depressing to me….I do wish him well. I think having your ass handed to you at Leadville by Wiens (sheesh, that guy is as old as me)would either make you rethink your plans or double your efforts to do better.

All I'm saying is he would probably rather race and lose than not race at all.

www.natooke.com

Oct. 19, 2008, 11:28 p.m.

I wouldn't bet against Lance.
Astana is going to be scary good. Contador, Leipheimer and Kloden getting water bottles? Wow.

Wasn't it Contador that was spouting off about not riding "under" anyone (I guess he is now like the big dog pissing to mark out his territory). I can't imagine after that kind of rhetoric and the fact that he is a pretty legitimate team captain that he would be willing to be Lance's lieutenant….So who is going to be Lance's new Hincapie?

www.vmta.ca

Oct. 22, 2008, 11:08 a.m.

I think having your ass handed to you at Leadville by Wiens (sheesh, that guy is as old as me)would either make you rethink your plans or double your efforts to do better.

I know what you are saying, but I think Wiens is the last guy in LA's mind when he decided to un-retire. Pretty sure that LA's thought process went like this: "Carlos Sastre won the frickin' Tour this year-that guy did nothing but watch my ass ride off in the distance when I ruled the Tour. Cadel Evans finished second this year-that guy did nothing but watch my ass ride off even further in the distance. I'm going to come back and crush these guys like pop cans."

On a secondary note, Bruyneel dropped this tidbit today at the TdF route presentation:

Nothing has been decided yet. We know that Lance will definitely race the Giro d'Italia. For the Tour, it's still 50-50," said Bruyneel. "But one thing's for sure. He's fitter at this period of the year in 2008 than he was, say, in 2003 or 2004."

Of course, who knows if it's just a psyche job or based on numbers, but Bruyneel's comments have usually been pretty level-headed in the past.

The big news of course is that next year's Tour will go over Ventoux five times.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk