2013 Tour De France

June 30, 2013, 7:18 a.m.

Edit: Looks like Orica has been fined for "entering without authorization", but the team is calling bullshit, they had been authorized and were directed to proceed. Gonna be a shitshow of a sideshow!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/tour-de-france-orica-greenedge-team-bus-end-155012132.html

Kn.

Orica said that is the same tourbus they used last year and it had been driven under finish gantries at many other stages.

June 30, 2013, 7:49 a.m.

big mig

June 30, 2013, 8:25 a.m.

Looking for live stream online, anyone? Can't seem to get it on steephill.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

July 2, 2013, 3:14 p.m.

Svein Tuft was part of the Orica-GreenEdge team that won the TTT today. Good on him. They signed him on the strength of his TT and his ability to ride strong solo like a raging bull, so it seems like he is living up his team's expectations. As a domestique, nobody could ask for a better start to the Tour.

July 2, 2013, 3:41 p.m.

Looking for live stream online, anyone? Can't seem to get it on steephill.

Unblock-us + ITV

Also, SBS + Unblock-us offers extended highlights 27min long which is great for catchup at the end of the day.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

July 4, 2013, 5:40 p.m.

Hesjedal races on despite broken rib at Tour de France

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hesjedal-races-on-despite-broken-rib-at-tour-de-france

July 4, 2013, 6:39 p.m.

The leadout trains and sprint finishes the last two days have been outstanding. Cavendish took a nasty spill and still had energy in the tank to challenge Greipel and Sagan today. Kudos to the first South African to wear yellow.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

July 4, 2013, 7:30 p.m.

Hesjedal races on despite broken rib at Tour de France

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hesjedal-races-on-despite-broken-rib-at-tour-de-france

That's not good for his chances for the long haul.
The article wasn't clear if he broke the rib in the Stage 1 crash or earlier in the tour de suisse crash.

Yes, the final sprints the last 2 days were fantastic.

July 4, 2013, 7:43 p.m.

The leadout trains and sprint finishes the last two days have been outstanding. Cavendish took a nasty spill and still had energy in the tank to challenge Greipel and Sagan today. Kudos to the first South African to wear yellow.

Anyone remember Daryl Impey/Theo Bos in the cycling headlines 4 years ago? (Watch the bottom of the screen). Good to see him doing well ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JMY68cS9gw

July 4, 2013, 7:54 p.m.

The article wasn't clear if he broke the rib in the Stage 1 crash or earlier in the tour de suisse

It's from the stage 1 crash. He's at 14th, but once the climbing starts I expect he'll be in a world of hurt.

I was only half watching today's stage, but it seemed like every time I paused what I was doing to look at what was happening, Tuft was hauling ass at the front of the peloton.

July 4, 2013, 8:01 p.m.

The article wasn't clear if he broke the rib in the Stage 1 crash or earlier in the tour de suisse crash.

Meh … cycling teams wage a lot of psychological warfare. Even guys in Thursday evening rides always seem to say "I've hardly done ANY riding this last month … I hope I can keep up with everyone". Guys in the Tour will start the day complaining they don't feel well and then lead a breakway that goes 10 minutes ahead of the peloton. Much of what is said during the Tour should be taken with a grain of salt. If Ryder really isn't feeling 100% (and he may not be 100%), Garmin isn't dumb enough to let on to the rest of the Tour.

July 5, 2013, 11:56 a.m.

Velonews tribute to Svein Tuft, the oldest TDF rookie of the the modern era. Go Svein!

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/07/news/the-oldest-tour-rookie-of-the-modern-era-svein-tuft-is-a-rider-like-no-other_293692

And can you believe David Veilleux is the first Quebecker ever to ride in the Tour?

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/07/news/caribou-veilleux-shining-in-tour-de-france-debut_293095

Apparently his French teammates laugh at his funny accent.

July 6, 2013, 8:03 a.m.

holy Sky decimation….they pretty much assaulted everyone else, my cynical nature is wondering…..

July 6, 2013, 5:49 p.m.

That Quintana can roll. Would have been cool if he'd won the stage.

July 6, 2013, 6:25 p.m.

Froome's time up Ax 3 Domane was 3rd fastest of all time. Faster than Armstrong (03,05, but not 01), Ullrich (03,01) Vinokourov (03), and Basso (03). All four who have been caught or admitted to doping. How clean do you think the sport is now?

www.letsridebikes.ca