Womens Saddle

Jan. 24, 2012, 4:12 p.m.

I have a Transition Syren frame and want a new saddle. Can anyone suggest some saddles that are comfortable?

:heart::coffee::heart:

Jan. 24, 2012, 4:30 p.m.

Saddles are amazingly subjective, your body geometry and your riding style will dictate what will work for you. What are you running right now, and what's the complaint? Is it something that could be fixed with a seat position tweak (I find a lot of women need a slightly dropped nose)

WTB makes a women's seat called the Deva, Specialized has a couple of women specific offerings, and I know a few people who have really had good success with the Chromag Moon seat. Go to your LBS and try a few seats. You will never find out what works until you try them.

Jan. 24, 2012, 4:40 p.m.

I have the Transition AM saddle and I do some uphill and downhill riding. The uphill is what kills me on this seat. It's not as soft as I would like. I don't want to add a lot of weight though.

I'll check out the few you listed. Thanks!

:heart::coffee::heart:

Jan. 24, 2012, 4:48 p.m.

I have had good luck with the WTB Deva SLT. I haven't tried the Deva Pro or the Deva Comp model. I have the Mid-width x short version (142mm x 257mm) with the "comfort zone" cut out. WTB describes it delicately but accurately…

"Comfort Zone™
WTB’s exclusive Comfort Zone™ cut-out provides additional relief from pressure on the sensitive areas."

This saddle has made climbing and saddle time possible. It's amazing how much generic seats can suck.

I also find that the nose down a bit helps too.

I don't know how you go about "testing" other saddles for "fit" in store. Let me know if you find other women's saddles that are good.

Jan. 24, 2012, 7:15 p.m.

WTB has sets of demo saddles that you can borrow from shops..

Call around, that way you can take the seats out for a ride.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Jan. 24, 2012, 11:33 p.m.

http://www.chromagbikes.com/saddles/juniper

Jan. 25, 2012, 10:34 a.m.

If you don't already, might I suggest riding in some decent chamois shorts under your baggies? spring for the $90 pair and not the cheapies. but as was said, generic saddles generally suck.

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 25, 2012, 2:45 p.m.

If you don't already, might I suggest riding in some decent chamois shorts under your baggies? spring for the $90 pair and not the cheapies. but as was said, generic saddles generally suck.

and overshorts without a seam down the business area..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Jan. 25, 2012, 2:57 p.m.

Kadmille,

Lots of good advise here.. also do make sure that your bike fit is all a good as well.

I witness lots of ladies climbing on the nose or way back on the back end of their saddles which will make any saddle uncomfortable. Small little adjustment with moving the saddle back or forward can make a huge difference.

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Jan. 25, 2012, 11:28 p.m.

I second the Deva. light weight, felt harder that the saddle it replaced but fits more comfortably, but as Steve says, one hell of a subjective piece of kit and unlike helmets you can't go trying them out for fit, unfortunately.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Jan. 26, 2012, 11:41 a.m.

Your seat is probably tilted too far back.

Deva seat is oh so nice, even for the manly business

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.