Women's Riding Clothes...

Feb. 16, 2007, 12:14 p.m.

A couple of comments - one of our female testers will be previewing and reviewing some Harlot Wear gear on the site in the near future. The tester in question likes to be girly when she's off the bike, but isn't a fan of pink or baby blue riding gear. Plus, she's tiny and got curves. Watch for that (the write-up, not the curves ;)).

Also, check the new Sugoi Gusta short for women. They've been changed for this year, and are longer than previous versions. Not a cheap short, but you definitely get what you pay for.

Jerseys seem to be the worst when it comes to colour, but there seem to be some short / knicker / pant options out there if you look around. We'll do what we can to get both on the site to give the ladies an idea of what works and what doesn't.

She said, why don't you stop your crying/
Go outside and ride your bike
- Sliver, Nirvana

"If stars were all that mattered, why would I go to the trouble of writing a review?" - Roger Ebert

Feb. 16, 2007, 12:22 p.m.

I wanna rep "jump"suits. One piece but baggyish - so no crack showing - no encumbermants around the waist - funny! Maybe I'll go home and design one! like a cool boiler suit - hmmm

Feb. 19, 2007, 8:56 a.m.

I'm loving the Harlot Houlihan shorts and I can get them in the UK! Bonus!

I managed to get the Sombrio La Nina freeride shorts last month, first pair of biking specific shorts I've ever bought!In black with some baby blue and beige detailing, not too girlie and not too much of it! Fit is great, sits low on the waist/hips and length is below the knee! Belt loops, pockets, vents! All good!:dizzy:
I'd love to see some trousers in this style too, maybe a bit tougher material?

Also loving the fact that the large actually fits me! I'm sick of buying an XL when I'm smaller than the UK average size for a woman (Ok so that's an 18 [US14] and I'm a 14 [US10]) but I'm not extra large!!! don't know how small they go though, I know over here I've only found them in an S, but on the site I'm sure it says XS?

Jerseys I have no luck in at all! Having a UK 36G chest (no idea what that is in Canada) I either wear massive blokes tops that make me look like a fat bloke (without armour) or slim fit womens casual tops which make my boobs look enormous (I tend to go for the latter).
Jackets either swamp me or don't do up over my chest :(

Armour is just a no go, leg and arm pads are my max, full body just doesn't work!

100% Pure Filth :fu:

Feb. 19, 2007, 11:57 a.m.

A couple of comments - one of our female testers will be previewing and reviewing some Harlot Wear gear on the site in the near future. The tester in question likes to be girly when she's off the bike, but isn't a fan of pink or baby blue riding gear. Plus, she's tiny and got curves. Watch for that (the write-up, not the curves ;)).

I have a suggestion: it may be more beneficial for women's reviews if there is more than one person trying clothes out. If there are different people of different body types and with different expectations giving reviews, then it would give us a better idea of what REALLY to expect out of the clothes. I think the one thing that you can really see emergent from any of these fashion threads is that women have extremely varied body types and what one thinks of clothing (and how that clothing fits them) may not be true for all.

I can read all the reviews I want from someone with a different body type, but if they don't REALLY know what its like to have extra curves, or no curves, or whatever, then they can't really tell me what to expect from the fit.